Sign in to follow this  
bigal1

Cockpit modelling question

Hi all , i've decidied to try and model a cockpit and have run into a problem . I have the basic cockpit structure made in 3ds max and have exported the lod to my cockpit folder and added a few bmp's to the same folder to give it some basic color but ... when i switch to in cockpit view all i see is open air ( no cockpit ) . So i was wondering if anyone had any good tips and suggestions on what may be wrong , there are only a few sub components to the model at the moment and all are linked to the main cockpit structure . Thanks

Hi all , i've decidied to try and model a cockpit and have run into a problem . I have the basic cockpit structure made in 3ds max and have exported the lod to my cockpit folder and added a few bmp's to the same folder to give it some basic color but ... when i switch to in cockpit view all i see is open air ( no cockpit ) . So i was wondering if anyone had any good tips and suggestions on what may be wrong , there are only a few sub components to the model at the moment and all are linked to the main cockpit structure . Thanks

did you tried to change the position of it?(ie: the cockpit position of external model perspective).

i happen twice with me when i changed the cockpit modding while ago hehe...

did you tried to change the position of it?(ie: the cockpit position of external model perspective).

i happen twice with me when i changed the cockpit modding while ago hehe...

Hi there , any chance you can explain a bit more please as i'm not quite sure :)

ok.

in your aircraft cockpit.ini

check this line:

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=F-15CPit

Offset=0.0,0.0,0.040

Position=0.0,4.35,1.55 <- see this position, i think you don't have or it's too low/high.

ViewAngles=0.0,3.0,0.0 and check this too xD

MaxYaw=160

MinYaw=-160

MaxPitch=90

MinPitchFront=-43

MinPitchRear=-40

LightRange=1.5

LightInnerConeAngle=50

LightOuterConeAngle=60

LightAngles=0.0,-30.0,0.0

DiffuseLightFactor=0.5

NightLightOn=0.25

NightLightColor=0.6,0.3,0.4

Gunsight=GunsightFront

Edited by Silverbolt

ok.

in your aircraft cockpit.ini

check this line:

Ahh i see what you mean now hehe , i was unsure about this setting so i used the pilot position entry lol . could you tell me how i find out the correct position for the cokpit thanks .

Ahh i see what you mean now hehe , i was unsure about this setting so i used the pilot position entry lol . could you tell me how i find out the correct position for the cokpit thanks .

this can be or not hte prob... if it's the pilot position i think there's NP xD when i put in pilot position i just could saw the front of 3D model

The cockpit model in 3ds MAX has to be build around the zero point of all axes. This zero point is the place where the game sets your viewing point. So figure out, where the pilots head would be in the cockpit and move the pit to there.

Also, have you changed the name of the cockpit model?

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=F-15CPit <--- In this example your exported model would need to be "F-15CPit.LOD"

The position line is just to tell the game where your cockpit is, so the game engine knows, what parts of the external model you can see from there.

If you are still stuck, feel free to contact me. :wink:

The cockpit model in 3ds MAX has to be build around the zero point of all axes. This zero point is the place where the game sets your viewing point. So figure out, where the pilots head would be in the cockpit and move the pit to there.

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=F-15CPit <--- In this example your exported model would need to be "F-15CPit.LOD"

The position line is just to tell the game where your cockpit is, so the game engine knows, what parts of the external model you can see from there.

Hi there , thanks for the info .I'll give it a try if i get stuck will drop u a pm :)

[CockpitSeat001]

Well all is working good now , the problem was the position of the cockpit in 3ds max . Thanks for the advice was just what i needed :good:

You´re welcome! :wink: