Sign in to follow this  
Guest pfunkmusik

Object Placement Viewpoint?

Guest pfunkmusik

I've seen screenshots where the viewpoint was in the air over a base or a city and you're able to see where you've placed things without jumping into an airplane and flying around.

How is that done?

pfunk

With the HUDData.ini extracted, set the Debug= to TRUE; that will bring up the coordinates and offset positions

For the rest, use the 'free camera view"....IIRC, Control/F12

It's lots of fun. :no:

BTW, d/l my 'Shipwreck"... there's a little turorial on placing objects in there. Can't remember in it's under "Object Mods" (like a Ground object) or under terrains!! :dntknw:

Wrench

kevin stein

Guest pfunkmusik
With the HUDData.ini extracted, set the Debug= to TRUE; that will bring up the coordinates and offset positions

For the rest, use the 'free camera view"....IIRC, Control/F12

It's lots of fun. :no:

BTW, d/l my 'Shipwreck"... there's a little turorial on placing objects in there. Can't remember in it's under "Object Mods" (like a Ground object) or under terrains!! :dntknw:

Wrench

kevin stein

You're awesome, Kevin.

I've asked another question, by the way.

Chuck

Guest pfunkmusik

OK, I'm playing around with the debugging tool...(boy, that's handy) and I have one more question.

The way I understand this is, wherever the white X is, if it gives me an offset coordinate near the target zone, if I go back into the targets list, I can place an object at that coordinate and it will appear at that offset coordinate the white X was pointing at.

Is that about it?

Chuck

Hopefully, yes.

Now, mind you, I've encountered some very strange behavior sometimes; you find the offset, place the object, and it's MILES off. Running into this right now with Gepard's Midway terrain (I'm drssing up the place with some Q-huts, water towers, tents -even Marines gotta sleep somewhere-, general eye candy). I'll be sending everything to him, so he can sort it out, in a day or so.

Wrench

kevin stein