Wrench

Ki-61 Tony, Skin & Ini Update Pak

index.php?autocom=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=7137

File Name: Ki-61 Tony, Skin & Ini Update Pak

File Submitter: Wrench

File Submitted: 13 Aug 2008

File Category: Japanese Air Force and Navy

Kawasaki Ki-61 "Tony", Skin and Ini Pak, For SF/WoV/WoE PTO Installs

This package contains a cockpit ini modification and a reskin of the Dev A-Team's Ki-61 "Tony" .

You MUST have the Dev A-Team's Ki-61 Tony, and it's suggested also Christian59's "Tony Family Package" before installing this mod, as without it, this does you no good!! It is designed for use on Christian's Ki-61-IA Tony, but can be used on any of his new versions, as they all share the same LOD. Having the Hurricane 1 would be a good idea too, as the new cockpit ini will need it!

The skin is based off the original IJAAF Natural Metal and Camos, and was built from a new template created off the original skins. All new panel, rivet lines, and other details were drawn by me, but still based off Gramps' original. The tail Chutai marking is a decal.

It represents aircraft of 19 Sentai, 2 Chutai during early 1944 through 1945 timeframe, as seen over Formosa and the Phillipine Islands. This template is also available, upon request, for other skinners to use. See "Notes & Comments" for more info.

A new cockpit ini is supplied, based of Kesselbrut's Hurricane Mk.1, with adjusted pilot postioning, and recalibrated to use the Metric Unit system. While not perfect; the instrument layout is far to Western (and still in English), it's a workable substitute.

Also included is a new sound file (wav) for the engine. It's from RussoUK's BF-109E; as both aircraft used the Daimler DB-601, this is a pretty good substitute.

-= NOTE: You MUST have the Bunyap Weapons Pak of 6/06 to get the WW2 weapons and guns and such =-

--= NOTE: You MUST have the Dev A-Team's Ki-61 Tony to install this pakage into (duh!!) and =--

---= You'll need the DAT's Hurricane 1 for it's cockpit; the mods are based off that one =---

----=You Should also have christian59's Ki-61 Tony Family Package to install this too =----

- This mod has ONLY been tested in SF, WoV and WoE. This mod is NOT reccomended for use in a WW2 style install of WoI, as it handles prop flight models in "an extreamly odd way".-

It is HIGHLY suggested that you read the enclosed readme COMPLETLY THROUGH before installing this pak; this will help you in making some of the changes I suggest.

Good Hunting!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Click here to download this file

hello

thank you

alway a pleasure to have new skin

please it's possible to have a full silver skin ???

thank you one more time

You're very welcome! Nice having YOUR additions to add it to!! :good:

Pick me a Senati in NM, and it shouldn' take too long! :biggrin:

Wrench

kevin stein

I just uncovered an "ooopsssy" in this skin, and as to why the guns and exhaust stacks were unpainted. And the main gear struts.

I forgot to include the "misc.bmp" from the original skins. The lod is mapped to that, and it'll fix the plain material seen on the gear struts, guns and exhaust stack. There's also a 'black.bmp' -- copy that too, it can't hurt!!

So, just copy/paste it from one of the original skins, and that'll fix that.

Sorry guys! (and gal) :blush:

Wrench

kevin sein

There's a overall green one coming tommorrow, and this one in the works:

tony_34-sentai.jpg

34 Sentai -- notice it has NUMBERS!!! Have about 25-30 more decals to make, hopefully by the weekend. It was a real bear to try and plot them them out!!

(odd to note, one of my reference books called 34 a "fighter training group'', another listed them as opertional. also, I'm not sure the mottle on the fin is for this particular aircraft, or the whole Sentai.)

Wrench

kevin stein