Sign in to follow this  
PG_Raptor

You Know You Need To Upgrade...

when you fly FS2004 with all the settings at the lowest possible, and your system struggles to attain 30 fps...

Guest MrMudd

True Story.

I get over 30 FPS on full settings on my Radeon 9800 Pro 128 and a amd Xp2400 PC with 1 gig of ram.

When i run Fraps to capture video it knocks me down to 11 FPS :blink: I need to find a better capture program....

Ha... 11 fps. With the settings where I want them, I generally get about 6-8 fps. If i turn stuff down any more than it is, I start to lose a lot of graphics/ effects that I'd like without getting a comperable increase in fps.

I've read on many forums that you are supposed to lock the frame rates around 35. This way your PC can use it's resources in other areas.

I have mine locked at 32

32. What is the frame rate lock in the hardware display settings and how to use it?

This option is used to cap the fps in FS9 so resources are spared for other tasks (texture rendering, GPS, traffic etc...) than pumping as many frame rates as the system can. Make a few flights with your preferred settings and unlimited frame rates and note the average fps you can achieve, then lock your fps to an amount slightly below that average to keep a smooth flight and best image quality. A nice tool to log average frame rates is FRAPS from http://www.fraps.com