Sign in to follow this  
ace888

Where can I download FREE 3D graphic software?

My fellow friends,

I would like to build an aircraft (at least I would like to try)... the VF-0S from Macross Zero. I would like to know how I can download FREE graphic software that the modeler is using?

I know most, if not all, graphic software is expensive to purchase... so any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gmax is free...and is closet in functionality (interface, etc) to 3ds max.

Blender is an open source 3d program...Flying Toaster uses it to make excellent 3d models (Mirage Factory F-8, A-7, F-15s to name a few).

FastCargo

Nope...there is no .LOD exporter for any program other than 3ds max.

FastCargo

Thanks FastCargo,

Just downloaded Gmax and got the registration done. Now a long learning curve...

Is Gmax easy to transfer program to LOD. files for TW?

Anyway, will be working on the project.

Cheers

Guest Stiglr
Thanks FastCargo,

Just downloaded Gmax and got the registration done. Now a long learning curve...

Is Gmax easy to transfer program to LOD. files for TW?

Anyway, will be working on the project.

Cheers

In two words, HELL NO.

Gmax is simply a bait-and-switch advertisement for the very expensive 3D Max program, and a scheme to squeeze licensing fees out of game developers.

It's extremely limited (hobbled, you might say) in its saving and exporting utility simply because Autodesk wants you to buy full priced 3D Max seats, or hopes to rope game developers into paying big fees to create Autodesk-blessed export utilities for specific game engines (the cost of which can also be passed to YOU through the developers). So, while you can do just about everything as far as creating content with Max, you can't export it anywhere else without a hellacious song and dance involving multiple 3d party adapters, plug-ins and converters to get your file to a state where you can use it outside of Gmax.

(unless, something's changed dramatically in the 3 or 4 years since I tried Gmax...)

You'll have to send the file to someone with 3D Max to create the .lod file. And don't bother with the animations as they don't carry over from Gmax to Max.

My fellow friends,

I would like to build an aircraft (at least I would like to try)... the VF-0S from Macross Zero. I would like to know how I can download FREE graphic software that the modeler is using?

Thanks

VF-0 you say.

Sorry to point this out but...

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=4233

Crimson,

Yes, "The Cheif 2000" had the VF-0S already made. But this is my own project, like to learn how to make a plane... just happens that "thechief2000" already made one and I like the VF-0S too.

Timmy/Stiglr... sounds like this gmax thing is only good on computer but unable to place it into TW files :blink: Will that is "sucks!"

So, guys... where and what other files I need to bridge the BIG GAP that I have to jump through?

Of course, learning about Gmax will take a lot of time in it self.

I will be searching for topics on step by steps of using Gmax to build the aircraft. I know someone posted a nice tutorial of building a F-101C Voodoo here... just need to find it and add to my list of materials to learn from.

Thank you all...

Cheers,

Oh, if anyone has the means to finished the VF-0S that would be great too. Because I know I will take a long time to finish mind.