Sign in to follow this  
snapple2993

Please Visit This Site

http://fsuicehockey.topcities.com/

If we (players of the FSU Ice Hockey club) can show sponsors that people come to our site, then we can convince them to give us cash, and advertise on the site, and maybe a t-shirt, or our jerseys

This way I wont have to keep paying so damn much to play.

I emplore you to click on it multiple times if possible.

Sincerely,

Jason Saffell

I paid it a visit. Good luck with the sponsers. Seems odd Florida havin a Ice Hockey team, hehe. Only ice I ever saw in Florida was in my coke. Took a look at your profile too. Gonna be a history major eh? That woulda been my major too if Id stayed with it. You gonna teach when you graduate? Saw you were born in '83. God, I feel...old. Man, that year I was doin terrible things to my body in the bars in the Phillippines. Still not sure the left side of my brain has recovered... :blink:

Wrong! I am a history major :huh: (Ima Junior... gotta have a major... kinda.)

Teaching....Nah, I'm gonna take the LSAT next year and hopefully kick ass... I just had a midterm in Mass Media Law; gotta 94% and havent read or studied a bit for that class. :P So I wanna be a lawyer, if no law school will take me.... then I'm off to the Navy and to OCS :D

Roller Hockey boomed in FL about 8 10 years ago, then those Yanks started really movin in, and built Ice rinks. They are all over the state now.... except in Tally, we have no home rink :angry: and very little practice. I'm hoping to improve the record of last year (1 win) of which I was not a part of.

Cheers,

Jason Saffell

KEEP CLICKIN MATES!

Oh, actually one of my goals is to be teaching something at Annapolis in 30-40 years.

PS: Check out #23 Eric "Killer" Kelleher's profile... I think his major is the funniest thing in the profile... his pic is close 2nd.

http://fsuicehockey.topcities.com/

If we (players of the FSU Ice Hockey club) can show sponsors that people come to our site, then we can convince them to give us cash, and advertise on the site, and maybe a t-shirt, or our jerseys

This way I wont have to keep paying so damn much to play.

I emplore you to click on it multiple times if possible.

Sincerely,

Jason Saffell

Hey Snap, great looking site. Can't believe FSU makes you pay to be on their team. College level hockey is big time.

I was looking at your profile... 6'3" 172 Son, start eating those wheaties. At that height, you should be about 50lbs. heavier.

I am 6'4" 260, but only 10lbs or so of that is beer! :)

Good luck!

-Skater

6'2" and 230 here...

I can chew barb-wire and spit out nails

I use rebar for my shoe laces

and women keep embarrassing me with all that fainting...

;)

It's club hockey.... Student Gov. gives us some cash (3k this year).... Ice time is really expensive.... I just shelled out 450 for ice and jerseys.... and I pay for my own travel expenses.

Even though its club hockey, there are some real good teams. Georgia Tech has been at it for like 30 yrs, and they can hold their own against a good chunk of DII teams.... think its all those Russians and Euros tryin to be American engineers.

As for my wieght... I'm no football player, I dont have the genetics to put on alot of weight.... I eat and lift, but I stay the same size just get a little more toned.... dunno maybe creatine is the answer.

Hello Snapple 2993,

I visit this day (and a few days ago) the site of your team.

Now I think your the goalie?

I have one question. When are the statics online after a game? How many teams are there in your competion?

Think I'm gonna follow your team by internet. "GO FSU". So that's why a had my question.

That's means your team has a fan all the way from the Netherlands.

One last question, are there in your competion players from Europe?

Salute and keep the goal clean of pucks

Dutchy

FSU was very poor last year. Also we are on a suspensatory status with the league. Meaning we get to play all the games and such but we arent really eligible for any accolades (I think). The reason for this is that we dont have home ice in Tallahassee anymore, and we had some rather low class individuals on the team last year (I am a transfer student and only arrived this summer). So all this stuff sucks for me.

Back to FSU being rather poor. We had 1 win last year. We played the Gators this weekend. Kenny Champagne started in Goal on Friday night, he gave up 8 goals in 2 periods. I came in in the 3rd and gave up a goal on a 5-3 power play (final score 9-2 UF). I started Saturday, and got us a 4-4 tie. I wasnt happy with the tie, but the rest of the team was very happy. I think we have a chance to win games if I'm in goal. I was not to impressed with the other 3 goalies in training camp. Dont mean to toot my own horn, but I've always carried my teams since I started playing when I was 11. Like I said, I gave up 4 goals, and we tied, that is unsatisfactory to me. I'll stop ranting about this. The stats from this weekend will be up some time this week.

Next game is down in Ft. Meyers against Florida Gulf Coast University. I wont be playing, since Coach wants to give all 4 goalies one start, before he narrows us down to the starter and the 2 backups.

As for Euro's playing over here in our little Club hockey league.... Check #89 on my team Matt Hubert, he was born in Krakow Poland.

Georgia Tech recruits players from all over (they are a bad ass team). I'm pretty sure that they have a couple Russians on their team.

Check out http://www.tulanehockey.com/ its the website for the University of Tulane in New Orleans (we play them in Pensacola). They have like 10 links to a bunch of teams in the schedule/opponents section. I'm sure you can find some Europeans out of all those teams.

Stats are up (most of them, no GAA or S% for goalies yet).

Check out the PIMs in the Game Results...... almost all of them are roughing. No gloves dropped this weekend but it was pretty heated out there.... I got ran over a few times, some Gator asshole thought it would be cool to rip my head off while I was on my knees covering the puck... lost my helmet in the process.