Sign in to follow this  
mump

Nieuport 17: ghost guns

Hi all,

I have recently installed the Nieuport 17 megapack, and I like it very much.

The only issue I have is that no guns show up. If I fire the guns, I just see the muzzle flash, but the gun itself is invisible.

I have seen the note in the readme on the ghost guns, but this seems to apply only for campaigns.

What do I have to do for single missions?

Any ideas?

Edited by mump

I've never been able to get this to work!

Can someone please tell me where I'm going wrong?

I added the two Lewis gun entries into the 'Weapon Data ini'.

The five other files all go in the 'Weapons' folder.

Is that not right?

Regards.

Bucky.

stupid

add in you WEAPONDATA.INI

[WeaponData0xx]

TypeName=lewis01

FullName=Lewis mount

ModelName=lewis1.LOD

Mass=20.000000

Diameter=0.100000

Length=1.200000

AttachmentType=NATO,FRANCE

NationName=FRANCE

StartYear=1915

EndYear=1918

Availability=2

BaseQuantity=100

Exported=TRUE

ExportStartYear=1915

ExportEndYear=1918

ExportAvailability=2

WeaponDataType=3

GunTypeName=303CAL_LEWIS_MK2

MaxRounds=94

MuzzlePosition=0.000000,0.700000,0.250000

LightPosition=0.000000,0.700000,0.250000

AimDirection=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000

EjectShells=0

and use weapon editor for WOI on your WEAPONDATA.INI

normaly it work

sorry

Here is a complete weapons file with the mod installed. This may or may not be a good idea, depending on what other mods you have in your weapons file now. The problem is, that after each weapons mod, as Christian reports, the changes must be added to weapons ini with notepad, keeping the numbering in sequence, then after closing the modded weaponsdata.ini file it must be opened and saved using the weapons editor. There is an additional gimmick in that the weapons editor must be set to run in the W98/ME compatibility mode or it will not load. That is done using the properties setting on the weapons editor file before you try to load it. Lots of fun.

There also appear to be some minor issues with some of the FM changes. This works AOK with the original FM, but not with all additional new FMS. I'm looking at that, since Peter01 is on holiday.

Meanwhile I think you'll be able to get the twin Lewis guns up using this weapons folder.

sinbad

Weapons.rar

post-6006-1221853181_thumb.jpg

Edited by sinbad

Thanks for that fella's. Very helpful.

Sinbad, I don't want to put you to any trouble, but is there any chance you could make available a weapons folder with just a single Lewis? Reason being, I rarely fly anything other than RFC planes.

All the best.

Bucky

Have a go with this one. It should do both. If not, let me know.

sinbad

No go, Sinbad.

The folder you kindly uploaded gave me some weird results: A Lewis gun on each V strut?? :dntknw: ...This is driving me mad now! :wacko:

Thing is, AFAIC, this has to work with the latest Nieuport 17 FM from Peter, so I believe that would mean the DATA ini would need editing too. Is that right?

Sorry for the hassle. I know you're busy on other aspects of the game ATM.

Bucky

Sorry about that. I suspect you are running one of the later Peter01 data.ini.

Try this N17c data.ini file. Let me know if this works for you. It does here.

I'll get the Peter01 FM revised ASAP.

sinbad

Nieuport17_DATA.rar

Edited by sinbad

Well done Sinbad!

It works with that DATA ini, albeit only with the twin lewis'.

Any idea why the single gun won't work?

Thanks for your help

Yes- it is data.ini for the N17c.

Which version of the Nieuport single lewis do you have the problem with? Is it the N-27 RFC?

The weapons folder files make the Lewis available; the data.ini files bring the weapons into each model.

Of course the weapons are part of the FMs which are written into the data.ini files. So when you change the FM you can also change the weapons unless that part of the file is also changed to fit. Because there are so many variations of Nieuports the changes in the FM portions can easily be carried over into other configurations which do not make corresponding changes to the weapons. That is what I see in the N-17c.

Rather like building differing models of a watch.

OK, I've now managed to get a single overwing Lewis to show in game using the Nieuport 17a Data.ini (the single Lewis version) from Christians Mega Pack and the Weapons folder you uploaded.

All that remains now is to get it to fly decently. Christian's N.17a FM is not compatible with the EP+Peter's version. I've tried copying and pasting sections of Peter's latest N.17 FM into the N.17a Data.ini, but the Lewis just disappears again. As you correctly noted above, any change in the FM's affects the weapons as well.

I'll keep on trying though.

Thanks for your perseverance Sinbad.

YAY!!...SORTED! :dance:

I copied and pasted everything from Peter's N.17 Data.ini, into the Mega Pack N.17a Data.ini, EXCEPT for the complete section for the top wing...It handles brilliantly!

Thanks again Sinbad. I wouldn't have had a clue without your help.

All the best.

Bucky

Learning is fun -- but be careful modding is addictive! :wink:

sinbad

You're so right! :yes:

I was gonna say in my last post; I'm spending more time tinkering with the files, than playing the game these days!

But it's all part of the fun, eh?

Help !!!!

I add the "fix" per above and the "ghost" Lewis MG now shows up, but I have another problem. This problem is on the FIRST drum and FIRST drum only, when I shoot, I have two gun flashes. The first gun flash is the normal straight forward, but the second gun flash always points back to the airfield ??? The really crazy part is on the second drum, everything is normal, i.e. only one normal gun flash from the end of the Lewis barrel, the second never shows back up through the rest of the ammo.

What I would like to know is:

1. how do I eliminate the second simultaneous gun flash ???

2. why does the second gun flash aim back at the airfield ???

3. why does the second gun flash disappear after the first drum ???

I really like the Lewis mounted Nieuport 17, but this is driving me :crazy:

Thanks for any help;

Panama Red

I would like to thank christian59 for solving my problem with this mod. It appears that I had either a corrupted GunData and/or WeaponsData file that was fixed when he sent me a copy of his GunData and weaponsData files.

Thanks again for this fantastic mod :good::ok::clapping:

Panama Red

Hi Panama,Christian, Guys..

Ive re-installed the twin Guns Nieuport Mod as i never could get it working before but unfortunately I have the twin Lewis guns now showing on my Aircraft but have the same double muzzle flash problem that Panama Red was experiencing...Would you mind very much Christian if you would also be so kind as to send me the same Gundata and weapons files you sent to Panama Red to sort this wee problem? Id very much appreicate it mate and id like to thank you for your great Mod and also for any help you can supply...I also cant seem to get my Le Preiur Rockets working anymore but my other RFC Rockets work fine? Weird...lol..

Best wishes from Rainy Scotland...

Rab (Sockboy)

Edited by sockboy

Hi Christian...

Thanks very much mate, ive just tried my Nieuports, both single and dual Lewis and they are working perfectly...thats brilliant..;0) :ok:

Thanks again for all your help...

Best wishes...

Rab Watson

Fife

Scotland

:good: