Sign in to follow this  
kreelin

In flight refuel in WOI...

reloading weapons takes more than 5 mins!!!!!!!

You said that in WOI reloading weapons is posiibly ? I didnt know that... :blink:

How do you do it-park;grab a beverage or sandwich,munch, come back and presto...is it???

LOL Stick...

@STROM

What is the average refueling time for birds like F-16 ? (If it's not a SD info)

Guest Stiglr

My questions are:

What is the "cheat code" that makes the plane take on fuel? Is it a key command press? Is it simply proximity to the nozzle (they "give" you the connection and assume you don't botch it)?

In the film, the view goes to the fuel gauge and it magically fills with fuel... I can see that it happens... but how is still a mystery.

Also, the process seemed a bit fast. How fast is air-to-air refueling actually, and how does that compare with the in-game refuel time? I'd think they should be close, if not a match.

=========================

As for on-ground "5 minute" turnarounds: That's bogus. It simply takes longer than that. Even in the Gulf War when they serviced planes with the pilot still inside, it took more like 30 minutes (while the pilot occupied himself with next mission planning, familiarization, check-ins, etc.). Also, the idea of a mission is to get something done in that ONE mission, with that ONE loadout. If you get twice the fuel and ord and the opportunities to get it done, you're basically gaming the game with "insta-refuels/rearms." So, you ought to deplane and try the mission again.

Edited by Stiglr

I think the rate of transfer on the boom of a -135 is about 400gpm ( or 2720#'s if it's JP-5). Don't quote me on that one....

The single seater F-16's hold about 7k internally.

What is the "cheat code" that makes the plane take on fuel?

AFAIK, another engine is added which has negative fuel consumption on afterburner. The engine is controlled by thrust vector controller which isn't used in most planes. So one engages afterburner of the invisible engine and it magically pumps the fuel into tanks. At any time in any place.

My questions are:

What is the "cheat code" that makes the plane take on fuel? Is it a key command press? Is it simply proximity to the nozzle (they "give" you the connection and assume you don't botch it)?

In the film, the view goes to the fuel gauge and it magically fills with fuel... I can see that it happens... but how is still a mystery.

As Gr.Viper described... No mystery... :biggrin:

Also, the process seemed a bit fast. How fast is air-to-air refueling actually, and how does that compare with the in-game refuel time? I'd think they should be close, if not a match.

That's why i asked the question to STORM.

Edited by kreelin

LOL Stick...

@STROM

What is the average refueling time for birds like F-16 ? (If it's not a SD info)

The typical Viper mission involves 3 A/Rs. One right after take-off to top-off the tanks, a mid-cycle tank (45min-1.2hrs after the first A/R) and the final A/R for their last hour of the mission before they RTB. On the mid-cycle we're giving them roughly 7000-8000lbs, per jet, in 2-3 minutes on the boom. If they suck, then it obviously takes longer ;)

Also note that these are fully combat loaded jets, so they go through the fuel faster.

Hope it helps.

Storm

P.S. With the drogue or MPRS, we can only offload about 1000lbs per minute.

That's awsome, I've waited a long time for this:))) Now if we can get a rolling deck and a meatball, I can shelve everything else. Nice Job!!!

creature

The typical Viper mission involves 3 A/Rs. One right after take-off to top-off the tanks, a mid-cycle tank (45min-1.2hrs after the first A/R) and the final A/R for their last hour of the mission before they RTB. On the mid-cycle we're giving them roughly 7000-8000lbs, per jet, in 2-3 minutes on the boom. If they suck, then it obviously takes longer ;)

Also note that these are fully combat loaded jets, so they go through the fuel faster.

Hope it helps.

Storm

P.S. With the drogue or MPRS, we can only offload about 1000lbs per minute.

Thanks STORM... I'll try to use those inputs to adjust the stuff.

Unfortunately there is no solution for a/c who uses the Thrust Vector Key :dntknw: . And there is no way to refuel wingies too so I'm afraid the interest of this thing is really "light" :biggrin:

Glad to help Kreelin.

I think most people will just be happy with the ability to simulate receiving fuel instead of just flying behind a tanker.

Storm

Nice vid!

Can it be cobbled to work on the ground?

You know, `hot pit' style? It is the only ingredient missing in my much sought after ICT, or Integrated Combat Turn.

IFR would be cool as well! Is this an added item with the patch?

Im really glad we did away with ICT

i hope it be aproved sooner :biggrin:

ATYAAABM37QfhLBS3DwytMb-luuuOEKJRQLtCWlHk7tux9JtaehX9Ntny9lIka6xaUhyaNRLUflzwEvydf5kJIFRGxRRAJtU9VCYAQtAU7i9dUo_nKxh2ZIPd4W_sg.jpg

Edited by Silverbolt

i hope it be aproved sooner :biggrin:

ATYAAABM37QfhLBS3DwytMb-luuuOEKJRQLtCWlHk7tux9JtaehX9Ntny9lIka6xaUhyaNRLUflzwEvydf5kJIFRGxRRAJtU9VCYAQtAU7i9dUo_nKxh2ZIPd4W_sg.jpg

Where did the KC-10 come from? Or is that a LOMAC screenie?

Where did the KC-10 come from? Or is that a LOMAC screenie?

oh, it's Marcelo WIP, im just the Crash Dummy :good:

Need some work untill finish it :good:

Edited by Silverbolt

oh, it's Marcelo WIP, im just the Crash Dummy :good:

Need some work untill finish it :good:

Ahh. Sounds good. There may be some people who like the Gucci boy tanker :wink: