Sign in to follow this  
mppd

New patch weapon drag coefficients

Perhaps I've missed it in any of the Forum conversations, but one of the most worthwhile additions to the new patch (and for WOI) is the addition of drag coeffient values for ordnance:

SubsonicDragCoeff=0.240000

SupersonicDragCoeff=0.920000

When porting over the weapon packs to the new version, a fairly random value was added for new weapons. I took my own guess for all of the WOV/YAP weapons I had installed based on the weapon diameter and weight, but anyone have a more accurate formula? The values the weaponeditor generates are pretty mild.

Now realistic severe drag penalties can be imposed by airplanes in a loaded config - watch the airspeed climb after they are released! Anyone notice a difference changing the end CEP entry for each item?

Mike D.

This is a nice addition, but I think we nees to redo the whole weaponspack and I have over 2200 weapons... damn will this be a hard work

I have a few questions out to real F-4 drivers about airspeed difference loaded and clean - this will help develop some numbers that translate into reality (sim-wise). I would think that fuel tanks have more drag than an MER with bombs. Most numbers seem very conservative at a glance.

Mike