Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

F-104A Starfighter, RJAF

F-104A Starfighter, RJAF

F-104A Starfighter, Royal Jordanian Air Force, for SF/WoV/WoE/WoI

This is a mod of Ajundair's F-104A to those as used by the RJAF.

This is a complete aircraft, all inclusive with all the little various and sundry bits needed to just unzip and fly away. It is designed for use with NO weapons pak, =or= The Mirage Factory Weapons Pak, as the drop tanks are "stock items" in the SF, WoV, WoE, and WoI objects.cat. The Bunyap Weapons Pak can also be used; it really makes no difference who's or which one!

HOWEVER -- I've included a nation-specific version of the AIM-9B "Sidwinder", set for only RJAF usage. Using the new 'station specific' mounting, you shouldn't run into any problems with it showing up on other aircraft uwanted. Just for fun, I've included that hack-job Recon Pod I did last year for the European Zippers. Full, detailed instructions on adding them to are included below. So, get your weapons editor warmed up!

The skin is the stock natural metal, as seen on the Pakistani F-104A (in fact, it IS the same skin bmps!) All I've really done is just create a 'nation-specific' version, using ALL stock decals for markings. I have also included the A-Z letter decals seen in some photos I found while researching this. New Arabic serial numbers (900-925) and also included. All in all, I can take NO credit for the skin, just for those few decals I've supplied.

Loadouts have been adjusted to reflect the 'newish' style of weapons mounting. The data ini is as orignally issued when the aircraft first was released. It may need some FM adjustments, but that's above my pay-grade :biggrin::)

A new WoI hangar screen, based off the WoE-style is included. As is the WoE one, for those wishing to install into SF/WoE/WoV, etc.

While designed with WoI in mind, it is perfectaly usable in any of the other 3W sims

As usual, PLEASE read the enclosed readme file; installations is pretty simple (for once!), as is adding the weapons.

Happy Landings!

Wrench

kevin stein

(taking a little break from targetizing terrains ... and I wanted to finish this for a LOOOONG time!)

Good work Wrench!

A tricky beast to fly though :yes:

I've had a blast with this and can suggest the following tweeks;

[FlightControl]

StallSpeed=88.51

CruiseSpeed=224.84

ClimbSpeed=218.85

CornerSpeed=239.29

MaxG=7.33

MaxSpeedSL=344.22

MachLimit=2.20

PitchDamper=0.8

RollDamper=0.75

YawDamper=1.0

GunBoresightAngle=0

RocketBoresightAngle=-3

The above just firms things up.

[Rudder]

SystemType=CONTROL_SURFACE

InputName=YAW_CONTROL

ReverseInput=TRUE

MaxDeflection=20

MinDeflection=-20

CDdc=0.0237

Cydc=0.2080

Cldc=0.0450

Cndc=-0.1600

CndcAlphaTableNumData=15

CndcAlphaTableDeltaX=4.00

CndcAlphaTableStartX=-28.00

CndcAlphaTableData=0.873,0.905,0.933,0.956,0.974,0.988,0.997,1.001,1.000,0.994,0.984,0.968,0.948,0.923,0.894

ControlRate=0.8

;HasGearDownSetting=TRUE

;GearDownMaxDeflection=6.0

;GearDownMinDeflection=-6.0

ModelNodeName=Ruddera

ReverseModelOrientation=TRUE

RotationAxis=Z-Axis