Sign in to follow this  

Hi,

I'm running the dreaded Vista and have got WoE running ok, however I'm aware that we still can't take sceenshots. I saw it mentioned in the knowledge base, and wondered if anyone here is any closer to a work around to this issue? Also how do I make the program have admin rights?

Cheers

Justyn

Quickshot for imageshack works well, it can take a screenshot and upload it if you wish to your imageshack account, without prompts interrupting your game and has a small memory footprint..not sure if its vista compatible,

As far as the admin thing, if YOU have admin rights and install the program, there shouldnt be an issue.

Edited by gwar

......and i wish people would quit calling it an issue....geez learn the software. First thing i did when i got Vista was to click on all the new buttons. :biggrin:

The User Account Control was one of the first things I disabled when I first got this new Vista PC, it's drives you mad and borders on insane paranoia! :rolleyes: I don't seem to have the Compatability Files thingy seen in your screen capture, so is that linked to the UAC then? I've tried running compatability for XP, as well as the "Run as Administrator" function and I still can't get any screenshots. I may give that image shack thing a go.

screen.jpg

Edited by Planejunky

It's the last time I'm going to say this:

Stop installing the WoX series into the Program Files directory!

Put it into your personal Users directory instead.

Edited by Gocad

It's the last time I'm going to say this:

Stop installing the WoX series into the Program Files directory!

Put it into your personal Users directory instead.

Done and sorted, thanks for the help. :good: I've moved the entire folder into my docs, and I can take screenies the old fashioned way (i.e. Prt Scr, paste into paint and save) I assume that the screenies no longer work as they used too with X amount of screen shots automatically saved into the WoE folder?

Edited by Planejunky

AFAIK that's Vista's fault. Vista restricts access to the Program Files directory, not only for the user, but occasionally also for programs that are installed there. The game is then simply unable to create new files (like screenshots) there.

Edited by Gocad

AFAIK that's Vista's fault. Vista restricts access to the Program Files directory, not only for the user, but occasionally also for programs that are installed there. The game is then simply unable to create new files (like screenshots) there.

I thought that Vista was the problem, it's the age old question I guess; where does security stop and paranoid insanity start! :rolleyes: