Hello Everybody!

I have small question. Most poblications shows missiles speed in Ma or Km/h but in weaponeditor there is only thrust of engines in "g" (G force if I good understand it) How to count this??? :tumbleweed: For example I have missile with max speed 6-7Ma -what should I write in weapon editor??? :dntknw:

Thanks!

Edited by CIACHO

You employ your math skills. Average acceleration (G force) times the duration of the missile's booster and sustainer, if applicable, equals terminal velocity. Oversimplified to be sure, but it gets you in the ballpark.

You employ your math skills. Average acceleration (G force) times the duration of the missile's booster and sustainer, if applicable, equals terminal velocity. Oversimplified to be sure, but it gets you in the ballpark.

Yes...You are right -it's simply counting.I know that...now :blush: Thanks!

Edited by CIACHO

OK, I've tried those links, and it gave me 0,077G's for max speed of mach 9 although I entered 4900Km in 3600sec(which should roughly equate to Mach 4). I failed math twice in highschool but this looked simple enough even for me lol

I mean shouldn't it be more simple like "(10m/s*12,5)*t" where "t"=time through which object accelerated at 12,5G's?

That would give for example 125m/s*8sec=1000m/s which would give about 3,4 Mach

Is that how it's done?

Edited by Brain32

OK, I've tried those links, and it gave me 0,077G's for max speed of mach 9 although I entered 4900Km in 3600sec(which should roughly equate to Mach 4). I failed math twice in highschool but this looked simple enough even for me lol

I mean shouldn't it be more simple like "(10m/s*12,5)*t" where "t"=time through which object accelerated at 12,5G's?

That would give for example 125m/s*8sec=1000m/s which would give about 3,4 Mach

Is that how it's done?

That's right...it's off. A constant acceleration at 0.077 G's for 3600 seconds equates to a distance travled of 4894797.6 meters , or 4894.7976 kilometers. Oh, wait, it said 4900 km. It's off by a stunning 5 klicks....lol :biggrin:

Do you realize that if you were able to maintain a constant 1 G acceleration, in less than 3 years time, you'd be traveling at almost the speed of light? lol