Sign in to follow this  
LCountach

Semi-Surrealistic FlightModel Tweak - Cobra Helicopter PART2

In my previous thread I posted a method to mod the existing Cobra's Flight Model to act a bit more realistically. Here is a totally new approach to that idea. What I did was remove all the aircrafts wings and control surfaces. I then added the multi nozzle control system of the harrier in jump mode. The result was a surprisingly realistic helicopter control scheme. The original author gave me permission to share the new modded flight model. You can get it from his webpage/forums here: http://cplengineeringllc_bb.cplengineering...topic.php?t=300 (Registration Required)

You may find that the new cobra is very twitchy at low speed. This was done to maintain control at Max speed. You can adjust the sensitivity of the controls by adjusting each individual nozzle's thrust strength. Simply open the data.ini and scroll down to the engines. Look for the nozzles labeled RCSPitchU, RCSPitchD, RCSRollR, ect. simply adjust them to your liking. I hope you have fun with this new Flight Model. I know I am.

NOTE: If anyone is feeling adventurous. Applying this system to other helos is fairly simple. It took me only 10min to apply it to the Bell Model 47D. If you need some pointers I may be able to help.

Well now that many have had a chance to try the new model. Are there any comments on how it feels and how it might be improved?

oh , it's awesome!

i liked it very much, thanks!

you could do it for some other choppers as UH-1B or the Lynx :D