Sign in to follow this  
column5

Fallout 3

Who is getting it?

As an Oblivion addict, I can't wait! :good:

I still play fallout 2 it`s great a damn funny game! I will get but I hope I get the aerican version cause the german one is cut

classic...even if it is half as good as the first two...hopefully they dont screw it up...have not purchased a new PC (or any) game in literally months (in fact WOI was the last game I bought) but this one draws my interest.

I wanted to try the pirates of the burning sea game but understand that it is MMO-only and that for me is a no go since I tire quickly of kiddies (not based on age; rather, attitude) with no jobs and manage to somehow become level 124 dungeon masters in 2 days post release

cheers

Well, i have for about 2 weeks (xbox version) and i must say im kinda disapointed with the lost of some misticism of the game series...its nice to play and graphics are kinda retro-look but its not the kind of game you come home to distress to... Far Cry 2 is way better in my opinion.

I got FC2 last night and I'm enjoying it. It plays amazingly fast at max detail on my 2nd-line PC.

My only question is why did you put this in the hardware forum C5?? :dntknw:

I got FC2 last night and I'm enjoying it. It plays amazingly fast at max detail on my 2nd-line PC.

My only question is why did you put this in the hardware forum C5?? :dntknw:

Well its hardware but the subforum is hardware/software chat. Don't ask me I didn't create it that way! :biggrin:

True. I guess it's one of those genres that doesn't have any real proper "spot."

I'm definitely getting Fallout 3 as soon as it's available, but I'm a bit concerned whether my GeForce 7500 LE card will be able to handle it...

Edited by Gocad

7500? Yeah, I'd be concerned too. The readme for a game is often posted on release, and they usually list specific chipsets. Maybe you can check that.

24 hours to radioactive sweetness...

7500? Yeah, I'd be concerned too. The readme for a game is often posted on release, and they usually list specific chipsets. Maybe you can check that.

I did check the Fallout 3 site and they don't mention it, but the same could be said about NVidia. I do have the impression that the 7500 LE is some sort of illegimate offspring nobody wants to talk about...

Guess I will know more in a few hours. :wink:

It wouldn't surprise me if it said "Geforce 8, 9, and 2xx series only".

It wouldn't surprise me if it said "Geforce 8, 9, and 2xx series only".

That would be an honest statement. Minimum requirements are often not more than a joke anyway.

The official FAQ says "GeForce 6800 or better", but that doesn't really tell you anything. They also say that Fallout 3 supports the Geforce 7300 series, which the 7500LE is apparently based on. But I do assume that even when my current card will be sufficient to get Fallout 3 running, it still wouldn't be fun, since I probably would have to accept significant cuts in terms of quality and screen resolution.

Yeah, 800x600 @ low detail isn't what I call "playing".

The shots I've seen indicate my guess is closer. Radeons I'm not sure, maybe "X1800 or later".

Goodbye 7500LE, hello 9500GT. :yes:

Vista has this hardware rating feature and it had rated the 7500LE at 3.0, but the 9500GT now running inside my computer gets a 5.3...I guess that's supposed to be some sort of progress. I still need to get Fallout 3, though. :sorry:

My work PC has a 9500GT in it and it seems to be a good card for the money.

Well, my rig has been deemed to be good enough for medium settings...and an 800x600 resolution, which is probably not as pretty as some higher resolutions, but I'm used to even worse, so it's good enough for me.

First impressions:

Game runs fine, especially when you consider that Bethseda's forum is full of bug reports and that there's already a patch for FO3 in the making. I have to admit that I'm currently playing at 'very easy' difficulty, but I play games to have fun and not to be screwed over repeatedly by the AI. :wink: ... anyway, tagging small arms (and taking the 10mm pistol from the overseer's daughter) made my escape from the vault quite easy.

And when I finally left the vault I got to see this:

post-22093-1225904347_thumb.jpg

:blink:

For a second I wanted to go back into the vault, but due to the mayhem I had caused on my way out I realized that I had no choice but to move on. Moments later I ran into some raiders...but thanks to VATS they were not much of a problem. :biggrin:

(I do have a pic from this encounter as well, but I'm not sure whether I should post this here)