Sign in to follow this  
MrFrench

Migs Vs Mirages

Hey guys...just done playing a little late night LOMAC here and I thought I'd get your input on a few tactics.

I've been playing tonight the mod 2 on 2 migs vs mirages mission. I've tried a couple of tactics to see what worked best and I'd like to see what you guys have tried.

To me 2 tactics seem to work pretty good.

1- Start of the mission, you are getting painted but not locked. Immediatly turn in the direction of the radar, turn on your radar and you're up for a game of "my radar is better than yours" versus the mirages. Usually, I get a lock before they do and release a long range r-77. My wingman does the same with a few well placed orders and usually the mirages immediatly go defensive without even launching theirs. Me and my wingman's second volley of missiles downs them. Effective but not very fun.

2- I order my wingman far back in a trail formation and we dive down to the water surface as soon as the mission starts. THe mirages are on our left the whole time. Being down low, they have a hard time locking us up and we are pretty close when they finally start to. By then I try beaming them and order my wingman to engage. a few seconds later, I turn into them and try to lock them up long range (I think about 20km). It works ok but not as well, as when I finally turn into them, I often take too long in locking them up and they force me to go defensive about half the time. However, since me and my wingman are coming at different angles, it helps and we usually come out on top after an exchange of a few missiles.

Anyways... feel free to share your tactics now, and I'll look forward to try them in the next few days... Goodnight!

Ian