Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

Afghanistan terrain Beta 0.6

To answer the SF2 question: Sorry i cant help you, i have not this game.

Unfortunatly is expanding of a map not possible. It would be completly new start to build such a terrain. And to be honest, i have at the moment not the time to do ist.

Fair enough :smile:

To answer the SF2 question: Sorry i cant help you, i have not this game.

Unfortunatly is expanding of a map not possible. It would be completly new start to build such a terrain. And to be honest, i have at the moment not the time to do ist.

Understandable. Thanks for the what you've done already.

Here is a picture I found online of the Red Desert in south-eastern Afghanistan, south of Kandahar. It edges the river just south of the city outskirts.

I brought this up in the last Beta thread, but found this photo showing more detail.

http://www.defenselink.mil/dodcmsshare/hom...-7665E-002a.jpg

I was looking through some of the stock WoI textures and the red ones for the rocky mountain regions seem to match pretty well.

I seem to have found a bug with Bagram. On takeoff roll, after a few hundred feet, the gear shears off and the plane explodes. I've tried it with several planes now. Some default, some 3rd party.

Just an FYI.

Also, I would have posted this in the Mod section, but the thread was several months old (Feb).

It was a little bit difficult to find the problem. It seems to be that the runway of Bagram is not 100% flat. Perhaps the soviet ingenieurs had a little bit to much wodka in their bodies when they built this base :moil:

The easiest way to fix the problem is to change your options from hard landing to normal landing. It should help. And for the next version of the terrain i promise to flatten the runway.

Edited by Gepard

I seem to have found a bug with Bagram. On takeoff roll, after a few hundred feet, the gear shears off and the plane explodes. I've tried it with several planes now. Some default, some 3rd party.

Just an FYI.

Also, I would have posted this in the Mod section, but the thread was several months old (Feb).

Ahh I thought it was a Super Bug glitch, as some have experienced, so I let it go. STORM on the West side it's more apparent, taking off on the East side is fine.