Sign in to follow this  
Lt. James Cater

Thinking About Moving To England...

and what about the language barrier?

Oh right, forgot about that. An entire NATION where Spanish is almost never spoken...how will one cope?? :dntknw:

Sorry to say people, but (American) English is my native language.

I've been somewhat of an Anglophile since i was a kid so i'm more than familier with a number of the differences between the US and UK uses.

As for the Spanish...I've given that much thought. About the only Spanish that Europeans know is basically what is spoken by Spaniards. There's more Latinos in the Western Hemisphere than there are Spaniards and we have WAY more words and dialects. Me being of Cuban ancestery, i'm naturally at home with the Carribean (IE Cuban, Puerto Rican, and Dominican) speech but have lived West Coast enough to have gotten down with the classic Chicano/Mexican ways.

I think that it can be sorta fun slangin' away in the UK. On the street, it could come across as something rather different.

If you want to move anywhere, i say move to wales, it is a really nice place, we used to go there alot seeing as liverpool is right next to wales. Beautiful Scenery, great people, just one nice place really, oh and lot of pubs!

As for the Spanish...I've given that much thought. About the only Spanish that Europeans know is basically what is spoken by Spaniards. There's more Latinos in the Western Hemisphere than there are Spaniards and we have WAY more words and dialects. Me being of Cuban ancestery, i'm naturally at home with the Carribean (IE Cuban, Puerto Rican, and Dominican) speech but have lived West Coast enough to have gotten down with the classic Chicano/Mexican ways.

I think that it can be sorta fun slangin' away in the UK. On the street, it could come across as something rather different.

MMmmm.. but if you are spannish you understand very well sud american, and is your are sud american you undrstand quite well spannish, in spite of some light word differences.

In europe, spannish is only spoken in Spain though, that's right..

But if i had to choose i don't even stop thinking: on one hand i have 300 days of Rain per year, on the other 300 days of sun.

The only reason europe has an acceptable climate is the fact that england stops the wind and rain for us.

Edited by nixarass