Sign in to follow this  
WDH

Taiwan 1958 terrain by Edward and USAFMTL

I found this gem yesterday at AVsim and it kinda old but,just adding GermanyCE.cat to it made it come alive.

Now my question is,how do I change the painted water tiles to like today's standards?I'm using a WOV/WOE patched to Oct 2008b.post-16817-1225790850_thumb.jpgpost-16817-1225790897_thumb.jpg

post-16817-1225790946_thumb.jpg

The exact reverse of how we used to REMOVE the water/terrain effects for Vista users....

Extract the GermanyCE_Data.ini from the GermanyCE.cat, and compare the upper sections -- before the tile listings. You'll see a host of differences, new stuff, etc. A simple copy/paste of the relevant sections should get them up and running.

Also, you'll want to watch out for the mountains ... a lot of the runways are not quite configured correctly -- meaning there's too many high mountains for you to decorate with splattered aluminium, both on take off, and EXPECIALLY on landings. The AI, even now, has difficulty clearing terrain features (read: high peaks) when shooting their approachs.

For the time, it was good map. But Gepard's is far superior (and this is absolutely NO slight to Edward!!)

Wrench

kevin stein

EDIT: DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF THE DATA INI, JUST CASE....

Edited by Wrench
added the warning bit

Ok.Back up 1st <----Golden Rule of Modding!Read and follow instruction 2nd<----A MUST!

Thanks for the advice again Wrench.