Sign in to follow this  
wilco

New A-4N conversion kits

I thought about the A-4N (Early) conversion kit that I uploaded yesterday and came to the conclusion that it is... eh... 'far from being perfect'. :blush: To be honest, I have no idea why I used that old F model for a WOI only mod, when we have the H model already in game. Though the H is still not the M, it has almost everything we need: brake chute housing, fancy fairings and antennas, a correctly shaped vertical stabilizer and - not to forget - the hump. Now you might ask why I didn't use it in the first place. Here's your answer: It was the straight refueling probe, sticking out the fuselage like a lance. I just could'nt stand it. Guess what? Problem solved! :biggrin:

I'll try to add a new probe, but I can't promise that it'll be ready in a few days, so please be patient. BTW, it seems that you can get rid of the tailpipe the same way, so I'll create a new early A-4N, too.

post-16817-1227543143_thumb.jpg

post-16817-1227543292_thumb.jpg

post-16817-1227543603_thumb.jpg

Wilco,these are actual A-4N's that show the differences that you have referred to.The latter is a Early A-4N model I have and can see the tailpipe is different (no,really it is).Since my scanner is broke on cpu,I found the exact model I have in this photo.Also,can see what your referring to on the refueling probe,it isn't straight at all.Notice the the split flaps?So,your model really isn't that far off.Take your time and "we'll" find other models to make due until you complete this one,ok?Great idea for addon!

WDH, thanks for those pics! You confused me with the last one, since I always thought the early Ns had no tailpipe at all (like the M). Well, nevermind, it seems that I can't hide the tailpipe anyway.

I already tried to reactivate the spoilers, but came across a problem: Though both meshes are present, they won't work like on the stock F model (WOI). When using SystemType=AIRBRAKE they won't deploy, whereas using SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE (as in Wrench's A-4AR) will cause the left spoiler to deploy correctly while the right one deploys downwards. Any suggestions?

[LeftSpoiler]
SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE
CLiftdc=-0.35
CDdc=0.045
DeploymentMethod=MANUAL_WITH_BLOWBACK
Setting[1].Angle=0.0
Setting[1].DeployValue=41.35
Setting[1].RetractValue=43.53
Setting[2].Angle=50.0
Setting[2].DeployValue=41.35
Setting[2].RetractValue=43.53
MaxDeflection=50
MinDeflection=0.0
ControlRate=1.0
ModelNodeName=LeftSpoiler
AnimationID=9

[RightSpoiler]
SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE
CLiftdc=-0.35
CDdc=0.045
DeploymentMethod=MANUAL_WITH_BLOWBACK
Setting[1].Angle=0.0
Setting[1].DeployValue=41.35
Setting[1].RetractValue=43.53
Setting[2].Angle=50.0
Setting[2].DeployValue=41.35
Setting[2].RetractValue=43.53
MaxDeflection=50
MinDeflection=0.0
ControlRate=1.0
ModelNodeName=RightSpoiler
AnimationID=9

Sorry,i can't help on the split spoiler.Just above my paygrade,ha!Try asking wrench,he is pretty good at these kinda .ini. issues.Or one of our great modders will see the problem and give you what you seek.Sorry my friend.

Edited by WDH

With any speedbrake that doesn't have a hardcoded animation, all you should need is something similar to this:

SystemType=AIRBRAKE

DeployTime=3.0

RetractTime=1.5

ModelNodeName=LeftInnerSlatSB

DragArea=0.3

RotationAxis=X-AXIS

MaxDeflection=15.0

MinDeflection=0.0

Note the bolded lines. Those lines are the ones that determine which axis and direction the speedbrake displaces. You may have to use negative numbers to get it to deflect in the proper direction.

FastCargo

Thanks FastCargo, that sure did help!

Nevertheless I used SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE, so you don't have to deploy the airbrakes (as seen in WDH's first pic).

It looks very nice on A-4.

Recently appeared in the A-4 mania ... jajaja.

Greetings.

It looks very nice on A-4.

Recently appeared in the A-4 mania ... jajaja.

Greetings.

Skyhawk Powaaaa!!!

OJOJOJOJOJOJOJOJOJ

DEMENCIAL MI AMIGO MUITO BONITO ,,,,

A-4C/P

HERMOSSOOOOO

MALVINAS ARGENTINAS

Hey Wilco.

This is What A-4N looks like.

Looks Great man.

I did a A-4N converted from the WOI H model because i thought the extended exhaust is the thing since

the bent refuling pipe is only on the stock F model.I Also used the Kfir C-2 cockpit cause it reflects more likely the N pit.

Since I served in the IAF The Red Dragon 115 sqdrn i shuold know what it looks like.

I tell you i've been waiting for ages for someone to do this model.

Can't wait for you to finish it.

keep up the good work. :ok:

bravo ...muy bien ....

hermoso se ve

saludos