Sign in to follow this  
Gunnar88

Need help about modeling

Hi there... This is a question for all modelers

I am interested into learning how to create models... Which program are you using and where can i

find general information how to create or modify existing aircraft?

I know that it is funny what i am asking, because i know how much work this takes...

I am an Multimedia Technician... Video, audio, and picture modifying are in my job...

but modeling... that is something i wish to learn...

So... Can anyone help me?

First of all, I think you need purchase (download/obtain by any way :wink: ) only a couple of programs, 3DMax and Photoshop. The second stage is learning how to create something using them.

Edited by krizis

First of all, I think you need purchase (download/obtain by any way :wink: ) only a couple of programs, 3DMax and Photoshop. The second stage is learning how to create something using them.

Great, i dont see any problems purchasing something as long as it will help me create models. :good:

I am excited doing my first model.lol.

Guest Stiglr

I believe this particular game system relies on 3D Max for models (that is, files that are in .3ds or .max format). 3D Max is a very expensive and highly controlled product.

However, there are many other 3D modeling softwares, some of which are very affordable and that also can export .3ds format files.

How well these actually work with SF/Wo* projects, I don't know. Many 3D programs have a lot of confusing plug-ins, because their systems actively block interaction with other systems (as part of their high-priced licensing and product marketing schemes :rolleyes: ).

About learning how to build 3D models: you can find basic tutorials on Max, Lightwave, AC3D, Maya, 3DWings, and many other 3D packages by doing online searches. The concepts are the same for all modelers, but the way each program works, features-wise can vary a lot.

I myself use a modeling program called AC3D (www.inivis.com) to create externals, cockpits and other game objects. And, I have produced a set of video tutorials for using AC3D to build aircraft (specifically aircraft!). If you'd perhaps be interested in investigating AC3D and my tutorials, PM me.

Edited by Stiglr

heh... i have luck... because my friend will give me 3D Max... I think i stay with 3D Max, my friend recommends it...

But i am interested in those video tutorials... can you send me a link to them... or... do you have them somewhere for download... :good:;)

well... i tried to make an aircraft by those tutorials... but this is only low polygon "wanna-be" aircraft... Is anyone willing to make a video tutorial on how to make an really good high polygon external of a airplane in 3D Max (Or any other 3D program) for WOE/WOV/WOI ? Or just to show some tricks (For example, i have problems modeling the air intake on jets) :please:

Ok I try it in a another way, Maybe you know my MiG-19 project, it`s HD and I needed 3-4 days for the right shape of the canopy and the details, front gear... countless days, there is alot try and error

Guest Stiglr

PM me with an email address and a mailing address and I'll burn you off a set of CDs.