Sign in to follow this  
Nick Tselepides

Carrier Landings For Navychief And Others

Pete, and all others interested:

I am going to try and add a jpg of screenshots of my carrier landings in FS2002 using ArrCab by Rich Hogen. I do not know if it will work, as I have not done it before. Note the two older Fleet Air Arm a/c, Scimitar, and that Gannet.

:)

Hogen's stuff is great.

Nick from Athens

post-54-1068331392_thumb.jpg

Sounds great, Nick!!!

Post them!!!

Carrier ops are the best! A real challenge to land, for certain!

One good thing about sims.......I don't have to worry about getting sucked down a intake, or being blown off the deck from jet exhast!

Navychief

Guest MrMudd

At Fsplanet they claim to have some landable carriers.

Is their any modules that will simulate Carrier Arrestments and catapults?

Hey MrMudd

As far as I know, the only way to incorporate the cats and traps, is to buy Flight Deck 3. The original program by Rich Hogen, was bought out by Abacus. Cost is $30, but I feel it is worth it.

NC

:) :rolleyes:

Do not sweat you guys. You can get it Arrestor Cables, known as 'Arrcab",for free, as it was downloadable before it became commercial ( and may still be) at Rich Hogen's site.. CHECK THE SITE!!!!!!

You will also need to download FSUIPC at Schiratti's site or flightsim.com, which is what makes the program co-operate and work with FS2002. The FD3 add-on is for FS2004 probably, and has some extra aircraft of which the helo is a disappointment ,as there are many better ones around for free. :P :rolleyes:

By the way, Pete: I note you mentioned Rey Lopez's A-7 in your email :angry: . If you mean the horrid one he made some time ago that has the body of a Crusader and a parody of markings of the Stingers, you are talking about the worst addon he ever made. I told him long ago, and he was willing to revise and paint to my taste, but in the meantime the ALPHA sim Corsairs came out and they are the best.

:D Email me if you need any help.

You fellows, for Arrestor Cables,Go (run) to avsim.com and this is where you get it> File Libary> search for:

Do it quickly before they withdraw the addon....

"Category: FS2002 Scenery

ArrCab Carriers Standalone Upgrade Package

File Description:

Complete improvement package v3. More persistent scenery, more carriers, fixes, etc. Textures included. 18 carriers across the world. v3 adds a couple of missing textures. (MR)

Filename: accvall3.zip

License: Check within download

Added: 27th April 2002

Downloads: 6445 "

Author: Rich Hogen

Size: 3189kb

Nick from Athens