Sign in to follow this  
Atreides

Deals Gap Pocket Bike fun

For fellow riders on this forum. :biggrin:

Link :rofl:

Man, I cant wait to go there next summer. The Mecca for any motorcycle rider.

For fellow riders on this forum. :biggrin:

Link :rofl:

Man, I cant wait to go there next summer. The Mecca for any motorcycle rider.

The Gap is only two hours from my driveway. We ride to the Cherohala and Gap all the time. If you get a chance ride into N. Georgia and ride Hwy 60, 129, 180 and 348. The Gap is nice but the Cherohala and N. GA roads are better IMO. Watch out for cops on 129, 180 and 60. Lumpkin County HATES sportbikes.

Ah! The Dragon. Made it down there a few years ago for the Honda Hoot. We left Kentucky in a heavy rain. Rained the whole way there. Rained every day except for one, Which is when we did Deals Gap. I loved every second of it. Scraped pegs on just about every corner. The only thing that scared me were the bikes comming the opposite direction. Some of them came around the turns in my lane. Have fun and dont end up with any of your bikes parts hanging on the tree at the gift shop on the far side.

Have fun and dont end up with any of your bikes parts hanging on the tree at the gift shop on the far side.

:biggrin: Lol The tree of shame ! I've heard all about it from my friends who've made it down there, as for wipin out or being biten by the dragon got a taste of that this summer on a road an hours ride worth from where I live called Rattle Snake Point (the name alone is an indicator of the twisties) wiped out on my CBR F4i scrapped the left plastic good and a crack to go with it. :blush2: Figure I'll head down to the gap with the same fairings and install the new one's AFTER I get back from Deals.

The Gap is only two hours from my driveway. We ride to the Cherohala and Gap all the time. If you get a chance ride into N. Georgia and ride Hwy 60, 129, 180 and 348. The Gap is nice but the Cherohala and N. GA roads are better IMO. Watch out for cops on 129, 180 and 60. Lumpkin County HATES sportbikes.

I hate you ( in a friendly rider way) :biggrin: Just hours away from Deals ? Man are you lucky. Thanks for the heads up with regards to the Fuzz. That's the only drawback to riding a sport bike which is the SQUIDS give the rest of us a bad rep. Have become quite used to their disaproval of my type of bike. Gues five-oh's are the same almost everywhere in N.America.

Edited by Atreides

I hate you ( in a friendly rider way) :biggrin: Just hours away from Deals ? Man are you lucky. Thanks for the heads up with regards to the Fuzz. That's the only drawback to riding a sport bike which is the SQUIDS give the rest of us a bad rep. Have become quite used to their disaproval of my type of bike. Gues five-oh's are the same almost everywhere in N.America.

No, the cops are different in N. GA. Specifically Lumpkin County. They target sportbikes and will put you in jail for crossing a double-yellow where everywhere else in the country that is not a jailable offense. Won't do it to a cruiser rider though. I ride a 2006 Triumph Speed Triple 1050 and have had them pull me over just to screw with me. Last time I checked it's a violation of your rights to be stopped by law enforcement for no reason. They always have a BS reason for pulling you over. Can't much say I blame them though. Seems every week during riding season two or three people lose their lives up there being retards.

As far a luck is concerned living so close to the gap is concerend? Not really. It was intentional. :biggrin: We moved up here after Katrina wiped out my home town of New Orleans. I wanted to move to a place where I can ride and get to the gap within a couple hours. Turns out the roads are better in N. GA than the Gap and I picked the best place on the east coast to live for riding. That was luck. I had no idea that I was moving less that 30 miles from a motorcycle mecca. The Gap is nice but too many people ride it in summertime. It's gotten so bad that the Tennessee State Patrol are doing stings out there now. And, you get the nut jobs coming into your lane as mentioned above. We prefer to ride elsewhere most of the time.

Hey, if you really want a nice place to stay try www.twowheelsonly.com in Suches, GA. It's about 27 miles from my house and about an hour and fifteen minutes from the gap. I could meet you up there and show you around. N. GA is awesome for riding. Two Wheels Only is on what we call the N. GA Loop. You can hit 60, 180, 129 and 348 from there.

Edited by Bananimal

Thanks for the heads up about the Gap. I hear what you're saying about too many peole there in summer time, but I got to do it once, you'll robably agree that its a must for riders. Will try to hit the roads that you mentioned as well. :yes: