Sign in to follow this  
Eldon45

Noob Gun Problems

I've been trying hard to find an answer to this in the forums but can't--sorry for the dumb question:

I installed WOV today and patched it all up to date. Also the most recent comprehensive 106MB weapons pack from CombatAce. Everything seems to be working real well except I can't get new 27MM_Bk27 gun sounds for a Gripen addon (or gun sounds for the beta F-35). The new aircraft work great and their external weapons work fine, but I can't get internal guns to fire.

I downloaded the Thirdwire Gun editor (and weapons editor) and according to instructions, I pasted the new lines for the 27MM_Bk27 into the gundata.ini file in correct sequence. Also put the Bk27 wav file into the "sounds" folder. I opened the gun editor on the new entry in the gundata.ini, opened "27MM_BK27" and hit "OK." Then I saved it and got out of the gun editor. After many tries, I still couldn't get sounds.

Am I right to put the gundata.ini file directly into the "Objects" folder, or should I create a new folder altogether for guns? I'm still hazy on that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

New gun sound entries must also be added to the soundlist.ini, which needs to be extracted from the flightdata.cat.

I've been trying hard to find an answer to this in the forums but can't--sorry for the dumb question:

I installed WOV today and patched it all up to date. Also the most recent comprehensive 106MB weapons pack from CombatAce. Everything seems to be working real well except I can't get new 27MM_Bk27 gun sounds for a Gripen addon (or gun sounds for the beta F-35). The new aircraft work great and their external weapons work fine, but I can't get internal guns to fire.

I downloaded the Thirdwire Gun editor (and weapons editor) and according to instructions, I pasted the new lines for the 27MM_Bk27 into the gundata.ini file in correct sequence. Also put the Bk27 wav file into the "sounds" folder. I opened the gun editor on the new entry in the gundata.ini, opened "27MM_BK27" and hit "OK." Then I saved it and got out of the gun editor. After many tries, I still couldn't get sounds.

Am I right to put the gundata.ini file directly into the "Objects" folder, or should I create a new folder altogether for guns? I'm still hazy on that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is what I did in the 27MM_BK27:

I replaced the original sounds with the Vulcan fire sound name.

In the F-35 I don't know but I replaced the original guns with the 20MM_M61A1 Vulcan. :biggrin:

I improvise a lot! :biggrin:

I'll see if I can figure out how to extract "sound.ini" material from from the flightdata.cat. Otherwise I'll improvise. Thank you both for your help!