Sign in to follow this  
tn_prvteye

Lookin' fer outta the box ideas.

Okay, I'm flyin' WOV using the new Green Hell 2 and tree-size mods...along with the new target areas by Tetet (the ones with the VC and Arty camps in the jungle).

Performing strikes against these guys is difficult due to the jungle canopy (as in real life)...you can't see them! So, I figured I'd devise a way to get a fake "FAC" in there.

I load up my Wingman with Smoke Rockets, and tell him to attack my target after selecting the closest ground target command. I then orbit for awhile, letting him do his thing. Sure enough, I get red smoke on the target and roll in. However, my wingie's a terrible shot and landed the smoke nowhere near the target.

There's got to be some way to do this better. Anyone have any ideas for implementing FACs in the Campaign? Choose a better wingman? Increase rocket accuracy? Maybe instead of rockets, use a guided missile? There's got to be a way to "cheat" here...

Also, I'm now the only aircraft that can complete the mission. Since the other members of the flight won't go after specific targets, and my wingie's packin' smoke, it's up to me to kill it.

Just off the top of my head i would suggest a better wingman.

I just finished a WOE campaign in which one of the squadron was quite the ground attack type. Needless to say, whenever close support came around he racked up so i slotted him as wingman whenever it was a crucial time.

Another suggestion is a lot of smaller bombs. If you have no real clue and are basically making your approaches via WAG, lots of 250 and 500 pounders gives you more of a chance to hit the target.

Unprofessional as hell but results are what matters!