Sign in to follow this  
Mike Dora

Nov 08 Patch - Missing Markings

Did anyone ever find a solution to the problem of missing rudder stripes (eg Camels) and wing roundels (eg RFC SPAD VIIs) introduced by the "November Patch"?

Thanks

Mike

I'm guessing you mean the 3rd party aircraft? (spad and camel)

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry212044

post 9

If it is the 3rd party aircraft(A-team) and that doesnt fix them, you are probably better off asking them

If its the stock aircraft i never reproduced the problem except in a very weird configuration (and even then i don't think it was the same) .... :(

Thanks P10ppy,

That fixed it, with a couple of further minor mods. I also included a copy of Tail003.tga relabelled to Tail021.tga in the objects/aircraft folder, to give me RFC tail stripes (I worked out that Tail022.tga would give US Signal Corps Aviation Section only).

Fixing the RFC SPAD VII took a bit longer, but in the end hacked that too. The solution was to amend its decals.ini file, replacing each occurance of "FilenameFormat=RFC/D/insignia" with "FilenameFormat=SPAD7/RFC/D/insignia" - seems that the Nov 08 patch calls for just that little extra precision in addressing, by including the name of the aircraft folder in the decal address line.

Thanks again

Mike