Sign in to follow this  
Leidgenosse

Adding Chaffs and Flares to a plane that doesn't have

Hi lads,

As it's said in the topic title, is there any chance of adding ECM to plane that isn't moddeled with. I would mod the TMF Mirage IIIC so it's more like the swiss Mirgae IIIS, as this one had the capability of dropping this stuff.

I tried copying the whole ECM-Data entry form the great Mirage 2000C to the IIIC-data.ini, but in game there's no chance of dropping chaffs and flares. :blink:

Or has this option to be moddeled by the modder?

Thanks in advance for your help :clapping:

Der Leidgenosse

PS: great forum here :good:

Go to the DATA.ini of the M2000C, and go to the "Fuselage" section and you'll see the sections there, you have to copy that to the DATA.ini you want to add it to, and sequentially. You have to notate it in that area so the game logic "sees" the dispensers "there" and it will work.

Thanks,

I'll give it a try when I'm back from work, hope I don't mess up with the whole data.ini :biggrin::wink:

Indeed, it seems to be locigal, if you don't show where the dispensers are, the game couldn't find it. :blush:

Der Leidgenosse

Nah if it's not textured on the a/c it won't crash, but it's just a notation that it "exists" The parts you copy give the x,y,z location on the airframe, so if it doesn't dispense where it's really supposed to, then it's just an artifact of the M2000's original positioning, but should work.