Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

SF2 Trying to fly the Hunter

I'm trying to make the SF2 Hunter Mk6 player-flyable...

I've extracted all the Hunter 6 parts (ini, data, loadout, LODs) to another file, renamed them to HUNTERF6 and aliased the cockpit etc to the stock A-4F by pasting the following:

CockpitDataFile=A-4F_cockpit.ini

LoadoutImage=A-4F_loadout.tga

UserList=A-4F_UserList.ini

HangarScreen=A-4F_hangar.bmp

LoadingScreen=A-4F_Loading.bmp

AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=A-4F_avionics.ini

straight into the ini file.

I've transferred the two textures folders as well, and dumped the lot into ObjectData003.cat with the other flyable aircraft. I don't know if it matters which file they are in, but I've discovered they have to be in a cat file, in any case.

And although I can't see what I'm doing wrong - and I reassigned it to USN, just to play safe! - it won't show in the single mission select aircraft menu.

So I'm doing something wrong...

Can anybody help, please?

Edited by ndicki

Cheers, mate! And with any luck, while I'm installing it, I'll find out where the problem was... :smile:

Cheers, mate! And with any luck, while I'm installing it, I'll find out where the problem was... :smile:

You have the best avatar on this site, just sayin'.

You know, if we knew the mesh name for the parachute housing (just above the tailpipe) we could make a true F.6 :yes:

Next problem is that in my objects folder, I don't have the usual WOX style subfolders - you know, aircraft, ground objects, objects, weapons, etc - but four cat files - ObjectData001.cat to ObjectData004.cat.

I've got the tool, opened them up and had a poke around, but they won't run unless they are recompiled. Pain. But I've seen screenies of people's installs with the classic subfolders. How is this? I'm running the downloaded version, if that makes any difference, on WXP SP3 Home.

Did you install SF2 to your program files? It's best to install it outside of there - desktop worked for me.

Desktop???? Perplexed. Confused. Etc...

OK, I've got there. I didn't see the second set of folders. Don't laugh, I only got it this afternoon!

Edited by ndicki

That Hunter is fabulous! Well done!

Now all I need is to do a No1 Sqn Rhodesian Air Force skin, and I'm off chasing that Jungle Dustbin... :blowup::flyer:

You know, if we knew the mesh name for the parachute housing (just above the tailpipe) we could make a true F.6 :yes:

Ooops! I hadn't realised that the F.6 LOD's are true F.6's. Very Interesting!

RAFHunterF601.jpg

Edited by Spinners