Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

VVS Without Red Star?

one member of my forum has posted it, btw without source in the moment....

Tradition of the red star of VVS may end

Russian Parliament approves change in colors of red star of the Russian Air Force

- Breaking a tradition of more than 90 years, Russia's Parliament adopted by 389 votes to two, changing the color of the legendary and mythical red star, all aircraft used in air force, like a star, but in red , white and blue, referring to the national flag. However, despite the success of a vote in Parliament, it seems that the only new idea like the politicians, as the report of ASAS examined with a local expert saying it would not be exaggeration to say that 90% of the population is against the decision, not to mention the soldiers themselves, where the "exchange" has generated a huge repudiation.

- Thus, despite the approval in Parliament, many question whether the measure will in fact be implemented. If this occurs, however, certainly not immediately, but perhaps in the second half of this year. The red star was adopted in 1917 after the October Revolution, and despite its connection to the former communist regime, "survived" the collapse of this at the end of 1991.

is it true? will be weird see those flankers without the red star :blink:

the source

http://www.revistaasas.com.br/index.php?AS...26&LE=atual

Edited by Silverbolt

I hope so!was my dream after the end of communism in russia seen the red star removed from all the planes!

We still have stars on top of Kremlin towers. :dntknw: A country blessed with pentagram :biggrin:

I hope they will not change it. Red Star is very recognizable brand that has been around for decades. In fact it symbolizes entire aviation era in Russia.

X RAY, you know all progress of aviation there was achieved under communism. Today's Russia is living by former achievements...

I hope they will not change it. Red Star is very recognizable brand that has been around for decades. In fact it symbolizes entire aviation era in Russia.

X RAY, you know all progress of aviation there was achieved under communism. Today's Russia is living by former achievements...

What is more impressive though, that aviation progress or the filming of the greatest movie ever made: "Ирония судьбы, или С лёгким паром!?"

the greatest movie ever made: "Ирония судьбы, или С лёгким паром!?"

What about Kin-Dza-Dza? :blink:

just a little bit...

As to me, "Ирония" is not so great. What is even more bad is that there is a tradition to show that movie almost each New Year :smile:

One of the many words introduced into Russian culture by that movie :biggrin:

As to me, "Ирония" is not so great. What is even more bad is that there is a tradition to show that movie almost each New Year :smile:

But that is the best part! And the animation at the beginning, and the driving of Ипполит!

One of the many words introduced into Russian culture by that movie :biggrin:

i thought it was wassup in russian :rofl:

Edited by Silverbolt

Pls stop provoke me :biggrin: I dont like Ирония

Pls stop provoke me :biggrin: I dont like Ирония

It's OK, not everyone can have good taste (I kid)

I hate red stars since i was a kid,I hope-again-see russian planes with pre soviet roundels or with st. Andrew crosses-like The Russian Liberation Army ones in red white and green or with the Russian eagle logo,Russian flag now in in these three colour,Red is only yearn