Sign in to follow this  
burner12

Flankertraining.com files

When ever I download a file from flankertraining.com it always appears as a zip file. But inside is nothing but audio. How do i install these files to see the mission? I tried it with modman and it failed. Can someone tell me I've heard they're really helpful.

Can you tell me the name of one of the files you've downloaded? And a little info, like what area, what plane, like ' Air to Air, F-15, RWS Training'.

I suspect it's a video, but you are missing a codec, so you don't see the picture, just hear the sound.

Many of the files on IronHands flanker training site are movies, so you play them using a Media Player and not Lockon.

To save space they are zipped. When you unzip them and then use a Media Player to play them, it is indeed possible (as SGCSG1 said above) that you are missing the correct codec to play them so you only hear the audio.

Try the Media Player VLC ( http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ ) it is a freeware media player originally developed as a student project at a French University and now acknowledged as one of the best media players around (over 41 million folks cant be wrong!!). I've struggled to find a movie it wont play! Makes M$ Media Player look like a piece of %$£*.

Some of the much older stuff on flanker training is in a track format and you do play those back in Lockon, but you need to ensure you have the exact version of Lockon that the track was made with, tracks are very temperamental about that. If you play them back in a different patch verison of Lockon to that verison of Lockon used to make the track, they often do not play back correctly, aircaft will crash instead of flying correctly.

This is the reason that IronHand went to the movie format so it was independent of Lockon versions. The downside is that they take up more space on his site and take longer to Download.

Edited by Brit_Radar_Dude