Sign in to follow this  
SGCSG1

Why can't FE see my CH Hotas?

I've created a map with everything all in 1 device, but FE does not recognize it. I've looked for other Third Wire maps and can't find any that are current with the CH software.

Any suggestions? This is driving me nuts.

Hi I have been here myself,ok,what you need to do is save the mapfile in your CH control manager you might have done this allready,next download you're map from the CH control manager,and finally make sure you're in 'Mapped Mode',this is the most important part.You can check when you go into you're CH control manager,there are three modes,right of centre along the tool bar and they are Off Mode,Direct Mode and Mapped Mode.In fact where I was going wrong was when I shut down my pc in the evening I did'nt realise that you go back to direct mode,and when you switch on you're pc,you will still be in direct mode,you have to physically switch to mapped mode everytime you're pc has been off.Just go into you're CH control manager and press the Mapped Mode icon,then exit.This had me foxed for hours.

Once you're in mapped mode you're FE will recognize you're last control options you chose.Happy flying.

I'm not sure how, but I got it working. Funny, I went into WOI and it found the HOTAS fine. Then I went back to FE and it found it as well.

Now if I can just get the throttle working properly.... (new post).

Try using the CH Hangar for any CH problems or advice,there are people there that are really helpful.