Sign in to follow this  
Thumper41

Damage Not Visible?

I don't seem to be able to see any damage on my plane, or others, for that matter. I've had the same problem with other CFS3 mods, so I don't think this is an OFF issue. I'm wondering if I missed a configuration setting somewhere. I think I have enough horsepower to make this possible (AMD Dual Core 2.29 GHz, 2 gig of ram, 8800 GS with 384 meg), so I was wondering what else might affect whether or not damage shows. Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated (short of upgrading hardware, that is -- this rig has to do me for a while). Oh, I have the aircraft skins set to normal (hi res) in the Workshop. Thanks!

Thumper

Normal shows damage, hi-res does not Thumper.

I was using Polovski's description from the FAQ (see answer to question Q19). He states that damage is not visible in the Ultra Hi Res setting. I have mine set to Normal. Thanks anyway!

Thumper

I was using Polovski's description from the FAQ (see answer to question Q19). He states that damage is not visible in the Ultra Hi Res setting. I have mine set to Normal. Thanks anyway!

Thumper

Thumper

Although with the normal res skins you will see damage you won't see much. If you'd received enough damage so that it's obvious when you look at your plane then you've been worked over pretty well. If you've only caught a couple of rounds you will see only a couple of smudges if anything at all. However if you drag a wing tip through a tree or another plane, you will clearly see this, although you'll have your hands full flying the plane let alone looking around.

Scott