Sign in to follow this  
DirtyHarry_ZA

Falcon 4 Allied Force Anti-Aliasing bug!

Hi guys I know this topic has been discussed forever but I have not seen any recent posts on the subject.

I am playing F4AF with 8Q AA and 16AF in Vista 32B. I have a 8800GTS card and the game runs fine. The only problem is the game menus do not work. Has anyone figured out a workable way around this problem? I heard you can use an older driver but I don't know which one or where to find it.

ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED THANKS!!!!

You might just have to turn anti-aliasing off, haven't heard of a work around. what version do you have?

I'm using the 182's I think (185s are current?) under XP and although the game works I can't use the munitions loadout or tacref screens with FSAA. I can click on things if I know where to click, but only the planes and the arrows for rotating them show up, the rest is garbled.

I know someone using the 185s (also on XP) and he can't use FSAA at all now.

It seems nvidia removed some things from the latest drivers that ruin backwards compatibility for FSAA in older games like F4.

I'm using the 182's I think (185s are current?) under XP and although the game works I can't use the munitions loadout or tacref screens with FSAA. I can click on things if I know where to click, but only the planes and the arrows for rotating them show up, the rest is garbled.

I know someone using the 185s (also on XP) and he can't use FSAA at all now.

It seems nvidia removed some things from the latest drivers that ruin backwards compatibility for FSAA in older games like F4.

A solution is to use nhamcer and save a profile for F4. start with the profile selected, and then alt-tab to windows, disable AA and go back to game. It should open the arming screem althoguh with no airplane picture. I use this procedure on FF5 and it works. Haven't tried with F4AF

I'm not sure what you're saying.

Are you talking about a way of temp disabling FSAA while in the menus and then having it reactivate when you get in the cockpit? I could easily run the game with no FSAA at all, but stuff looks ugly without it!