Sign in to follow this  
IvanK

cant get Mission Builder to run

Trying to run the Mission Builder in OFF V1.28.

I installed OFF from a Complete CFS3 V1.3

I clicked on MB.exe in OFF and was told I didn't have a file verify.dll. I got a copy of this and placed it in the OFF MB folder.

I then click on MB.exe in the OBD/MB folder and I am presented with the following error message:

"The procedure entry point jpeg_std_error could not be located in the dynamic link library jpeg.dll"

Of interest when I go looking in the CFS3 folder system I cannot find an MB sub folder or any MB.exe file for CFS3 either.

Do I need some additional 3rd party add on ? I am not interested in Mission building in CFS3 but I am in OFF. If I can get a solution for OFF I Will be grateful.

first off did you have mb installed in your cfs3 install if not you wont be able to do it unless you reisntall off after you installmb in cfs3 let me knwo a time you can get on the outlaw ts and ill go thru the steps wiht you

stump

I visited the MS CFS3 sight and downloaded and installed MB. In the CFS3 MB folder I have 12 files. I get the same jpeg.dll error file when I try to run CFS3 MB.exe or the MB.exe file in OOF.

Still cant get MB to run still get the jpg.dll error message.

"The procedure entry point jpeg_std_error could not be located in the dynamic link library jpeg.dll"

Here is what I have done.

Installed CFS3.1

Installed Cfs3mb10.msi into CFS3

Installed OFF and patched to 1.28A

are you getting it thru the start>all programs>overflanderfields >mission builder ?

you cant start it up thru explorer, and you cant take the exe in the mb folder and create a shortcut......(dont ask me why,,,,u just cant)

stump put up a shortcut you can use for mission builder,,,

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=37576

Yes and no matter how I start it I get the same jpgg.DLL related error message

thats funny,,,i dont have a verify.dll either,,,,,,

Edited by sitting_duck

Hi,

I looked at my computer at home, which has both bhah with mb, and cfs3, and i had already downloaded and installed mb for that (for use with off2)

The only verify.dll file i have is in my java folder.

this is what you said in your first post.

I clicked on MB.exe in OFF and was told I didn't have a file verify.dll. I got a copy of this and placed it in the OFF MB folder.

I then click on MB.exe in the OBD/MB folder and I am presented with the following error message:

As i found out, you cannot run mb from the folder, it has to be the shortcut.

I then asked if you had run from the start>all programs>overflanderfields >mission builder , which you said yes.

Not sure exactly what the verify.dll file did to your install,,,even more curious why it would effect both your cfs3 and off mb, but if you want. i can send you my jpeg.dll file....

considering the small size of the obd mb folder, i can send you all of that too.

this is all just guesswork here,,,no idea if its going to work or not, but seems like your jpeg.dll is corrupt. If that is true, big questions is why your cfs3 jpeg.dll is corrupt too

Gooday Sitting_duck.

That would be great if you could send me your jpeg.dll.

My Email addy in a PM.

Regards Ivank

Hi,

I looked at my computer at home, which has both bhah with mb, and cfs3, and i had already downloaded and installed mb for that (for use with off2)

The only verify.dll file i have is in my java folder.

this is what you said in your first post.

As i found out, you cannot run mb from the folder, it has to be the shortcut.

I then asked if you had run from the start>all programs>overflanderfields >mission builder , which you said yes.

Not sure exactly what the verify.dll file did to your install,,,even more curious why it would effect both your cfs3 and off mb, but if you want. i can send you my jpeg.dll file....

considering the small size of the obd mb folder, i can send you all of that too.

this is all just guesswork here,,,no idea if its going to work or not, but seems like your jpeg.dll is corrupt. If that is true, big questions is why your cfs3 jpeg.dll is corrupt too

Edited by IvanK

Thank you for the jpeg.dll file Sitting_duck all works just fine now.

Just update OFF to ver 1.30C. MB now shows this error on start up.

Cant find font OCRB(-13) using arial instead.

MB wont load at all now. Any clues on a fix ?

I also get about 10 successive error dialog boxes about various BMP files that cant be loaded.

thats strange, and there is another post after yours with the same problem.

but i am patched to 130c also (and hardcore, not that it should matter), and mb ran fine for me.

googled ocrb13 and it looks like an optical character recognition (ocr) font,,,so dont know why off should be looking for it....

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=40405

check this post if you havnt already seen it,,,and maybe you ppl can figure out what you have in common that is causing the problem....hope u get it figured out

Finger trouble on my part I think Sitting_Duck. I was trying to run it direct from the exe in the MB folder. Running via Start>programs>OFF> Mission builder and all seems to be ok.

Thanks for the help.