Sign in to follow this  
Todt Von Oben

Enemy view or ID keys?

In RB3D, I could hit the E key and it would help locate enemy planes. The T key enabled me to find the nearest threat. I wouldn't want that in this game, because I think it's more realistic without it.

But the E and T keys had another function. I could hit, say, E to see the enemy; and then hit F7 (I think it was; would have to go back to check for sure but it was something like that) and I'd get the enemy's view of me.

That was pretty cool when I was shooting him down. I could pause it, switch to his viewpoint, and get a great view of myself at work. :biggrin:

Is there anyway to get the enemy's viewpoint in OFF/BHAH?

As always, thanks for the help.

TVO

yep....there's a keyboard chart downloadable somewhere....sorry, I forget where....and you'll find a bunch of 'em up top here under gimpy's tips and cheats

Hello,

what Gaw said it is all there, however the M$-pre-programmed keys for changing views etc. are a chore and you have to be an octopus to press 3 buttons for another view, or engine setting. But you can adapt every action to a key of your choice via the control settings menu in OFF.

Greetings,

Catfish

Target the EA from the tactical view, then hit F4 2-3 times.

I think F2 brings up a reference chart with key functions. You can also get to it by hitting "esc" and clicking on controls. All the controls are listed there, and broken down by function (like "View Commands"), and you can also access the manuals there as well, one of which lists lots of key functions (you can print that part out by going to the Manuals folder of the install and clicking on it).

I think F2 brings up a reference chart with key functions. You can also get to it by hitting "esc" and clicking on controls. All the controls are listed there, and broken down by function (like "View Commands"), and you can also access the manuals there as well, one of which lists lots of key functions (you can print that part out by going to the Manuals folder of the install and clicking on it).

Well, I experimented with the Controls and made assignments to my ol' Sidewinder joystick. So far...

Got my gun on the Number One (trigger) button, and the hat switch does all the views, as usual.

Made the Number Two button PAUSE the game.

Number Three button FIRES ORDINANCE (rockets and bombs).

Number Seven button does quick SCREEN GRABS.

And Number Eight button kills the engine: for times when the landing area is short, or (hopefully) to avoid a fire when my engine gets hit.

I've found the keyboard selectors for FLOAT and FLYBY, which I used a bit in RB3D, and might assign them to buttons on the stick.

Tried PLAYER / TARGET view, but it seems a lot like the SPOT view. Not sure if I understand the intent there.

In any event, if there's a method of seeing myself from the Target's point of view, I haven't discovered it yet.

But what the hey! I'm having a great time and the game is working SOOOO much better than RB3D I'm just really happy with it.

For those who think the price is a lot: considering what things cost these days; how hard it is to find a good WWI flight sim; and how much work obviously went into OFF/BHAH, I think it's a bargain.

If you're on the fence about purchasing, I say GO FOR IT. :good:

Prost!

TvO

Target the EA from the tactical view, then hit F4 2-3 times.

"Target the EA from the tactical view"

I'm going to go research and experiment with this. Don't believe I know how to do that. Thanks for the lead, and I'll get back to you about this...

Prost!

TvO

The Target View will show you from the target's point of view, but you have to have a target selected first. I forget which key does that, but when you do, it will show yellow in the TAC, which is what Gous was telling you, I think.

The Target View will show you from the target's point of view, but you have to have a target selected first. I forget which key does that, but when you do, it will show yellow in the TAC, which is what Gous was telling you, I think.

Okay! I get that! I did it once while experimenting with the controls, and I think I can find it again. So, when I select the target and it's indicated by a yellow dot; then hitting Target View will show me the area from his point of view. Cool! That's what I'm looking for.

I used to fly either to stay alive or devil may care to rack up a score. Now, with these improved graphics, it's almost like I have a new art form available. I'm set up to get that best "Kodak Moment" as a Screen Grab. Looking back at the agressor from the victim's point of view might make for an interesting graphic.

I know I could always simplify things by letting somebody flame me from close on my six, pausing the game, going to the Spot View, circling around to the front looking back, and clicking the shutter. But I'd like to do it as an actual kill that I got myself.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Prost!

TvO

Go to "Player, Target View" then hit Ctrl, Shift, F4 and you'll see the target in relation to where you are.

CJ