Sign in to follow this  
sitting_duck

mp game just for fun,,,,tues 7pm edt

have a just for fun game up

ip is 75.67.5.13

non combat game,,,just flying.

good opportunity for anyone thinking about trying mp to give it a shot.

will leave game up for as long as computer stays running (seems to hang for some reason eventually

but join and play as you like......scenery is the alps, and is very flyable

Edited by sitting_duck

Hi Sitting duck, how do you join?

I've gone to multiplayer in options at the start of the game but theres no where to put i.p address?

most people join using a shortcut to cfs3mp.exe,,,but you can use off manager also

if you go in thru the cfs3mp.exe...you should get 2 medals...missions and multiplayer,,,,click on multiplayer.....hit join game,,,and enter my ip...

if,,,you dont get both medals...start off manager, a click on multiplayer....you can continue with off manager if you wishh,,,and enter thru that,,or you can kill it,,,then go back to the cfs3mp shortcut,,and you should have the mp medal now...

let me know if you have problems...

am on teamspeak if you have it.

Cheers mate i will give it a go...sorry don't have team speak

one more thing if you get this,,,

when you are at the mission/medal screen,,hit esc to get the hanger drop down...

select multiplayer

selet t1 for connection, and enter your call sign in player box..

you dont have to select a pilot

i see you entering and leaving,,,,,,,,are you getting mismatched aircraft?

are you patched to at least 1.28 (from obd main screen,,,go to workshop....version is in lower right corner)

I'm getting mismatched aircraft, I thought online worked in OFF with Vista, or am I missing something? I have the 1.28a patch.

Wait do I need to reinstall the default DMs?

Edited by Bigstank

no,,,,i dont have them yet....what planes? is the albIII?

one sec,,,i have to check the host computer,,,i may not have updated that...to 128 will have to kill the game for a min...

Sitting duck i'am patched, just keep getting ' server error message' sorry

I'am also on vista

Edited by Red-Dog

no,,,,i dont have them yet....what planes? is the albIII?

one sec,,,i have to check the host computer,,,i may not have updated that...to 128 will have to kill the game for a min...

opps...sorry,,my bad,,,cant belive i havent gotten that update on the other computer,,,,give me 3 mins

yeah,,its my fault.......guess ive been joining games,,and not hosting forra while....

will have game back up shortly

hi,,,gotta vista user in the game,,,seeing if there is something special you have to do,,,(ie,,the run as administator stuff)

Still getting mismatch, will have to leave it for now it's 0030 and i'am up in 4 hours....thanks for your help will try next time.. :good:

they said they hard the hard dm's...and coudnt join,,,so they went back and put the normal ones on.....so,,if you put those on,,you may have to go back to normal..

they said they hard the hard dm's...and coudnt join,,,so they went back and put the normal ones on.....so,,if you put those on,,you may have to go back to normal..

ok...sorry about that,,if you had the hard dms installed,,,will you post that fact

have a just for fun game up

ip is 75.67.5.13

non combat game,,,just flying.

good opportunity for anyone thinking about trying mp to give it a shot.

teamspeak is always helpful..

teamspeak.com all you need is the client (5.6mb)

Host IP:217.155.102.217:8767 pw is camel

will watch tac to see if anyone has joined, and will check post to see if anyone is having problems joining.

Thought I'd try to join on a lark - kept on getting a window saying it wasn't connected to the internet - it was. Checked the firewall, no problem, turned it off, still saying I wasn't connected - check connection, ect. Sorry if this is an old line of problems - I looked over at the OFF faq and seemed to be doing everything right. Ideas anyone? Thanks!

-sab

are you gtting that message "your are not connected to interent,,,or host name is incorrect"

are you gtting that message "your are not connected to interent,,,or host name is incorrect"

I'm sorry - the first one - not connected to the internet. I was - definitely - was troubleshooting (reading the faq) while trying to hammer through it

-sab

ok,,,,giphos is going to put up some posts in this thread.....might help you out.

I have to leave, but will leave the game up,,,,,,,(until computer hangs,,,which it seems to do eventully)

Are you running Vista? I do, and I got that same error. I think it was when I either tried to start multiplayer from the OFF Manager, or from the CFS3.exe file directly (or with a shortcut). I found that the only way it works for me in Vista 32 is to start from a shortcut on my desktop that points to the CFS3MP.exe (NOT the CFS3.exe, but the CFS3MP.exe) file that is in my OFF game folder. I have to set the properties for that shortcut to run in XP compatibility mode and run as administrator. Then, to make TrackIR work, I have to set the properties for TrackIR, CFS3.exe, and OFF Manager.exe all to run as administrator as well.

I may post a message on the MP board with the details of making MP work with Vista.

if you dont manage to get in tonight, i should have another game up tommorow,,

if you can get teamspeak, it makes troubleshooting alot easier

good luck