Sign in to follow this  
Pike Bishop

Slightly annoyed

Dear All,

Had an amazing dogfight in the campaign this week.

Whilst on our way in SE5A's to attack a railway yard, my wingman and I ran into (I think) 6 Pfaltz's.

My wingman got one before being shot down himself, leaving me against 5. I must have spent at least 45 mins fighting for my life and would you know it.....I managed to bring all of them down and actually survive!!

When I got back to base I found that I had been promoted from Captain to Major with a medal.

After the next mission I was told that because of lack of visual confirmation I would not be awarded my 5 claims.

But I am still a Major. Bloody Bishop got away with it so why could'nt I?

Now I have been captured and am spending the rest of the war in captivity!

Best regards,

Pike.

P.S.....I am still running XP64 with no computer crashes for 4 weeks now.

Edited by Pike Bishop

Well, they had to do it somehow; you had no witnesses, that's it.

But maybe you can switch over to "claims easy (something)" in workshop, and may get them all confirmed then (next time).

Edited by Olham

Hello,

yes i just had some unbelievable fight myself - i would not shake them off, ran out of ammunition and finally out of fuel lol. This was so intense, it was really enough for the day :blink:

I take it you will not be credited with "kills" if being shot down and dead, or captured - maybe this should be changed ? Anyway you got at least a promotion sent to your POW camp !

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

Hi, Wels

If you're captured, but manage to escape, you get the kills! I had that twice now; after the escape notice,

I got the claim form to fill in.

I'm glad somehow, that you also feel exhausted after just one serious fight. I have that quite often.