Sign in to follow this  
sitting_duck

Need a volunteer

Need someone to make up a soup to nuts tuturial for players wishing to get into multiplayer games.

should include whatever addtional info vista32 and vist64 users need

screen shots always are a big help

anyone who has ideas of what specific things should be included in the turial can post in this thread.

to be the first to do the above,,,,,would like to see a section on "error messages" or "problems" and solutions to the types of problems that players encounter when trying mp .

Edited by sitting_duck

vol⋅un⋅teer

Spelled Pronunciation [vol-uhn-teer] noun

a person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or undertaking.

a person who performs a service willingly and without pay.

Duck, I think you just vo-lun-teered. :huh:

Seriously, I made a start on this in another thread, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to tackle the larger project you have in mind. Happy to contribute to it, but you really know a lot more about most of it than I do. Wish I had taken better note of what I did to fix some of those common errors I experienced.

Edited by griphos

vol⋅un⋅teer

Spelled Pronunciation [vol-uhn-teer] noun

a person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or undertaking.

a person who performs a service willingly and without pay.

The problem is Duck that most of the topics regarding getting online are already in this forum. Most of the problems people seem to be having joining MP need to be addressed here. I know it's frustrating for people but that's the nature of the beast when it comes to online sims.

All we can do is chip away at the problems little by little and help individuals when and how we can. Again, I can't stress how much easier it is to solve the internet problems one on one using TeamSpeak!! If you seriously want to fly online you should get it. IT'S FREE!! All you need to get is a mic/headphone. You can get one for $20!

Yeah, i know what you mean, but still need something that a new pilot can go to,,,and to whatever extent possible,,,get everything in one place....

and your right,,,i did volunteer...lol.....

so,,,ANYTHING you can think of that should be in a tuturial for new pilots will be appreciated...i can only look at things from my aspect,,,,and thats always going to be incomplete...

one thing i do need from axe is an quick run down of why you cant get into mp thru the off manager.....what os you have,,,where you get whatever error message etc..etc..

when im finished with what i got,,,will post it up for scrutiny,,,,not looking to get patronized here,,,sometimes what makes sense to one person makes no sense to anotther.

with the exception of what i can get from griphos post,,the vista section will be incomplete,,,i dont have vista...so deffintaly need ppl to fill in the blanks there.

Duck,

I use Vista 64 Ultimate and I can get online using OFF Manager. I just use the CFS3MP.exe because for one it's quicker and that's the way most folks are getting on line.

As far as Vista is concerned I just make sure everything is selected to run in Windows XP SP2. That's really al I have done different to my files.