Sign in to follow this  
HomeBoy

A little Red Baron reminiscence

Dutch- Thanks for adding those many other names that I can't imagine how I didn't recall,,

Rabu..How'd I miss you? !! Still recall a "flame war" between yourself and I think von Helton, that went on for days..used to have me "on the floor". von Helton could start a flame thread by just saying hello ;>)

Regards,

Royce

Yes, I had some run ins with Helton, was that the one where he claimed he had invented the stealth bomber idea and it was stolen from him by the military? :rolleyes:

Edited by rabu

Yes, I had some run ins with Helton, was that the one where he claimed he had invented the stealth bomber idea and it was stolen from him by the military? :rolleyes:

You thought that one was good... I LOVED his invention using a 747 and attaching ram jets so he could fly in space.... a 747... yeah right... meanwhile me only being an A&P mechanic wouldn't know anything about the capabilities (or lack thereof) of the 747 regarding structure... etc.

Ahhh... the joys of being insane. Like the drunk sitting at the bar, he knows everything, or has an answer to it all.... even though he never leaves the bar except to go to the bathroom.

OvS

Rabu, I used your 4-Seasons terrain set in every patch I used - from WFP to HASP to my "classic collection" from Beery, WingStrut, and Baron von Benz. A very big Salute to you, sir. :good:

Yes, I agree. Rabu's was the best terrian ever made. Even at high altitude, it did not look so repetitive as Kessler's. It was flowing and looked very natural. Great stuff back then, without it, I doubt my HASP patch would have been as good without it.

Thanks for posting that title screen I made way back when... that brough back some memories. Here's a funny fact...

Right now I am sitting at my Mom's in Florida on my laptop, my daughter is sitting next to me watching me and asking questions about who is 'OvS'... and what Hell's Angels was. When I made that title screen... she was in diapers!!!! :blink:

Time flies.

OvS

Yes, I agree. Rabu's was the best terrian ever made. Even at high altitude, it did not look so repetitive as Kessler's. It was flowing and looked very natural. Great stuff back then, without it, I doubt my HASP patch would have been as good without it.

Thanks for posting that title screen I made way back when... that brough back some memories. Here's a funny fact...

Right now I am sitting at my Mom's in Florida on my laptop, my daughter is sitting next to me watching me and asking questions about who is 'OvS'... and what Hell's Angels was. When I made that title screen... she was in diapers!!!! :blink:

Time flies.

OvS

I remember the original HASP readme file had a dedication to her - something about "time for pizza" or something to that effect. Time really goes by in a hurry.

Rabu- No it wasn't something that crazy..something about him doing better artwork, or inventing some graphic process IIRC..hilarious stuff!

OVS- >> Right now I am sitting at my Mom's in Florida on my laptop, my daughter is sitting next to me watching me and asking questions about who is 'OvS'... and what Hell's Angels was. When I made that title screen... she was in diapers!!!!<<

Samething happened to me..same state..mother-in law..she in diapers when I was experimenting with the RB FM's..parallel lines.. ;>)

Royce

RB remains one of the greatest games of all time - equal parts flight sim and RPG. I was strictly a consumer of the fine works of Rabu, Cptroyce and others and generally remember the Delphi forums with fondness. (Rabu: I have your terrain disks in my collection still.) Yes, the discussion got a bit heated and even bizarre at times, but I've found that the Web tends to magnify people's eccentricities. Best just to ignore them and focus on the common interest.