I am having trouble adding 3rd party terrains to SF2 is there a read me somewhere for step by step how to? I have used the new cat file and have everything in the folder unpacked but still doesnot show up I have the terrains folder marked correctly I think :blink: Help Plese.. Many Thanks

1) Be sure the (TerrainName)_Data.ini doesn't call out the .CAT being in another location.

2) Be sure You've got it in a Folder labled "Terrains" in this Path for Vista. UserName/Saved Games/ThirdWire/StrikeFighters2 Folder.

3) Be sure to have a Copy of the .CAT in that Folder or Have the File Path called out in (Terain_Name)_Data.ini to C:/Programs/Strikefighters2/Terrains/Desert.Cat.......That's Your "Core".

That should do it.

Semper Fi!

331KillerBee

Edited by 331Killerbee

topcatII,

Check the Pfunk Thread I've posted here. It should help more. It reviews the Install in Vista.....

Thank you 331Killerbee I have the path set correctly but still no signs of other terrains except for the desert still checking on the Pfunk trail at this time.

TopcatII,

What other Terrain are You putting in ? May I ask?

I was able to put the Bombing Range terrain in SF2.

Jomni,

If You are running Vista, Mind giving TopcatII a hand?

I am trying to install GermanyCE, IsraelME, Cuba, etc. the only one is Desert so far. Thanks for all yor help!!

I am trying to put terrains in SF2 do I need the original desert cat or should I use the cat that came with for example VietNam cat. that came with it???

Thanks guys! I've just extracted the terrain from WOI (using the new Cat Pack tool) and plonked it into SF2 simply by creating a Terrains folder and placing it in there.

DhimariHunter02.jpg

Looks great Spinners!

Speaking of the CatPack. I think it's an outstanding Tool for modding Terrains. Case in point.

I've got CA_Stary's Green Hell 2.

Approch Lights

and Brian32's Tile re-paints

But My SF2 VietnamSEA Folder looks like this.

terr.jpg

Just remember some ground Rules.

1) You can Mod an existing File with the same Name. But can't cange a File Name and add to a .CAT. Applies to the "Stock" Files that came with the "Stock .Cat".

2) The .Cat must have the same number of files or less to work. The Header of the .Cat tells the Engine how many Files it should have. (If using less, You do this at Your own risk. It sometimes works.)

3) You can't add more Files than the Stock .Cat came with. The Header of the .Cat calls this out.

In turn, This makes for neat and tidy Terrain Folders that just cry out for more Ground Objects to be added. If You've looked at the Picture above, You'll see that all I have to do is add new Ground Objects to the VietnamSEA Folder and extract the .INI's and make changes so they'll work.....

331KillerBee :wink:

No Problem TopcatII,

I'm glad I've been able to help.

SEMPER FI!

331KillerBee