Hello all.

I'm working on the Operation Tainted Cigar custom GUI (which is lovely, btw), trying to update it so that it all works correctly with the latest October '08 patches.

There are some things I've noticed, and some things that have me puzzled.

Firstly, older versions of WOX present slightly different options in the Campaign setup screen: There's Campaign Length, Aircraft Supply & Weapons Supply, whereas as in current versions you only see Weapons Supply.

So, have the other options been completely taken out of the game, or just removed from the menu screen? In other words, could these options be restored by editing the campaignscreen.ini.

On the subject of the OTC GUI, I'm having a few problems. Installed into an October '08-patched WOE, the Campaign setup screen offers a choice of Campaign Lengths, but the Aircraft and Weapons Supply drop-downs are blank.

This can be partially solved by cut and pasting the [NewCampaignSubMenu] and [LoadCampaignSubMenu] from the stock 10/08 WOE campaignscreen.ini in, but then I lose the unit descriptions.

I've tried editing the OTC ini entries for the menus, to fit with the range of options offered in the current patched version, like this (I also comment out the individual entries for CampaignLengthList, etc, lower down):

[NewCampaignSubMenu]

MenuItemType=SUBMENU

MenuItem001=PilotNamelist

MenuItem002=CampaignNameList

MenuItem003=ServiceNameList

MenuItem004=UnitNameList

MenuItem005=DifficultyList

//MenuItem006=CampaignLengthList

//MenuItem007=AircraftSupplyList

MenuItem006=WeaponSupplyList

MenuItem007=UnitDescTextArea

MenuItem008=UnitDescDateText

MenuItem009=NewCampaignTitleText

MenuItem010=SectionITitleText

MenuItem011=PilotNameText

MenuItem012=CampaignNameText

MenuItem013=ServiceNameText

MenuItem014=UnitNameText

MenuItem015=DifficultyText

//MenuItem018=CampaignLengthText

//MenuItem019=AircraftSupplyText

MenuItem016=WeaponSupplyText

Position=132,50

Width=350

Height=380

HasBackground=FALSE

Active=FALSE

but the game then just crashes when I select Campaign from the main menu.

Anyone know why this crash happens? What is the game expecting to find in this .ini file?

If I were you, I'd extract the stock .inis and adjust them accordingly; changing these lines

Position=132,50

Width=350

Height=380

to fit the old one. Might just be something you missed copying over that conflicts with the new system.