Sign in to follow this  
sitting_duck

mp game thurs 730 pm edt just for fun

game should be up by 730

will get on teamspeak if players join

just for fun game.

have NOT installed 1.3 patch yet, or appropriate damage model (1.3 hard). If players trying to join have it, and are gettimg mismatched, will update.

will leave game up for the rest of the nite

Edited by sitting_duck

Hi

that post was for thursday, but if you want to join a game, reply to this post, and i will put one up.

Its 715 edt here (boston), and i will keep my eye on the forum for at least another hour.

You will have to have the 1.3 patch AND the 1.3 hard DM installed to join.

Hey sitting_duck

Could you put one up? I am trying to introduce a friend to Online OFF, he just patched and everything, I seen this post and figured it would be the perfect chance.

and am on teamspeak also. If you can get on that too,,,big help. Will watch this post to see if you are having any problems joining.

will leave game up for as long as computer stays up.

For those new pilots that joined,,,,if you can get teamspeak, its always a help....there is a tuturial for mp in this forun,,it has all the settings.

Sorry,,,,lost internet for a sec,,,but game back up

bigtank,,,ports you need to forward are 2300 to 2300 in udp and 28883 to 28887 in udp

you will have to google your router to find out how to do it on that particular one.

Edited by sitting_duck

I'll take a rain check on the game, my install went wacko and I cant figure it out. when I'm up and running again I'll let you gents know!

blue max,,,notice you came and went,,,,,did you have a problem?

Hi sitting_duck ... no I didn't have a problem, the game is cool ... have been tinkering with settings and getting my trackir working so I've got a better chance of hitting something! So I've been in and out of your game a few times ... hard to work out when people will be online because we're +10hours GMT over here ... I'm about an hour south of Sydney in the Southern Highlands ... even though the broadband is garbage in Australia in terms of speed the game is still very playable!

Thanks again for hosting will be checking in regularly to see who's online.

What server do you connect to for Teamspeak? I just got that installed as well and can see loads of web-based servers ...

Hi sitting_duck ... no I didn't have a problem, the game is cool ... have been tinkering with settings and getting my trackir working so I've got a better chance of hitting something! So I've been in and out of your game a few times ... hard to work out when people will be online because we're +10hours GMT over here ... I'm about an hour south of Sydney in the Southern Highlands ... even though the broadband is garbage in Australia in terms of speed the game is still very playable!

Thanks again for hosting will be checking in regularly to see who's online.

What server do you connect to for Teamspeak? I just got that installed as well and can see loads of web-based servers ...

just noticed the tutorial for mp ... will work out teamspeak and all that ...

lol..yeah,,,i happen to notice that you where down under after the game. Pretty amazing that there was no lag between us.

I usually keep the game up indefinatly. For whatever reason, it disconnexts eventurally, but the ip doesnt seem to change, so join as you wish.

And when your ready to try and host a game, let me know, and if we can work out the time, i will join. Or,,just post the game in the forum, with your ip.

If you have a router, you will have to forward ports.

lol..yeah,,,i happen to notice that you where down under after the game. Pretty amazing that there was no lag between us.

I usually keep the game up indefinatly. For whatever reason, it disconnexts eventurally, but the ip doesnt seem to change, so join as you wish.

And when your ready to try and host a game, let me know, and if we can work out the time, i will join. Or,,just post the game in the forum, with your ip.

If you have a router, you will have to forward ports.

There will be a lag of 300-350 for anyone joining from OZ.

hosts never notice lag. I have had guys only 120 miles away jumping all over the sky.

PD

There will be a lag of 300-350 for anyone joining from OZ.

hosts never notice lag. I have had guys only 120 miles away jumping all over the sky.

PD

I dont think proximity has ever been an advantage. Back in the old days when port attacks started becoming problems I got on of those "tracker" utilites that would let you know the source of an ip. The nodes would criss cross the country like you would not belive. So that packet from the guy 120 miles away could have traveled 3000 miles easily.

ps...you indicated you might start doing ph3 missions....that still a liklyhood? All i see on the download link are rabu's maps, not sure if i am looking in the right place.

Edited by sitting_duck

ps...you indicated you might start doing ph3 missions....that still a liklyhood? All i see on the download link are rabu's maps, not sure if i am looking in the right place.

I saw the new mission post also, hopefully they will be up soon. I have an old utility that does ping, polling, and traceroutes to an IP address called "UOTrace", it was created for the original Ultima Online series of games. Be glad to email it to anyone (only 88K) that wants it, may find it with Google also. The number of Hops to an IP is very telling and the avg. ping showing any dropped packets is important.

Edited by GaryR

the missions are up (pd's)

will plan to try them out tommorow if anyone is interested.

might be interested in seeing what that utility has to offer. Noticed that my game play drops dramatically when certain players get on into a game. Doubt that it can be distance, cause max has been playing in my games alot, and he is in az, and from my end the games have been incredibly smooth.