Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

When your time is up...it's up

Never would have imagined this happening, but I watched it with my own eyes. While flying in my trusty SE5a, I got into a tangle with an Alb IV. Spectacular white knuckle fight ranging all over the sky. The fellow wouldn't give up and even managed to damage my plane after I had shot a few holes in his. (normal damage model) No matter the outcome, he had my admiration. With a bit of skill and no small margin of luck I managed to get inside his turns and ripped into his machine with a bit of allied anger. He spun out of control and began to plummet straight down in a near flat spin from 3,200 feet. Less than 3 seconds after my burst shredded him, as I banked hard left and looked out the side of my cockpit to watch him spiral down, a flak burst made a direct hit on his already doomed craft and the plane shattered. I guess sometimes when God wants you, He takes out a little insurance. Brutal way to go. He was a valiant Bosche adversary and I salute his skill but apparently when your time is up...it is up.

My compliments again to the devs on the improvements to the low level AI in 1.30. When they dive for the deck now, I know it's still going to be a hell of a fight. I really don't think there is anything left in the sim that takes me out of the immersion now. It's that damn good!

Hellshade