Sign in to follow this  
Charlie 14

Golan Stalemate 74-82 Version 1.1 by Pancho

I have a quick question regarding this campaign add on for WOI. It seems that 143 Squadron, Smashing Parrots, based at Ovda Airbase is lacking a, well, errrr, airbase...When I start the campaign my Kfir fires up and takes off from a nondescript piece of sand in the middle of the desert, no runway, no hangers, no tower, no O-club...Is this a known bug? Is there a patch available to fix this?

As a matter of fact there is-in the terrain data .ini check the year in which Ovda is activated

As a matter of fact there is-in the terrain data .ini check the year in which Ovda is activated

OK, I have 01/01/79...I'm into 1980, no base. What am I missing?

[TargetArea188]

Name=Ovda Airbase

Position=458000,428000

Location=1

Alignment=FRIENDLY

ActiveDate=1/1/1981>>>change to your fancy

AirfieldDataFile=desert_airfield1.ini

NumSquadrons=6

thats what you should be seeing...

in order to enable it as a functional airbase for the earlier years change to a year you find appropriate...though Ovda was actually active only in 1981 historically...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovda_International_Airport

what Id suggest is have your squadron move to Ovda in 1981....right now I too am at a loss as to how to make that happen;it would require an edit in the campaign data.ini

Edited by Stick

[TargetArea188]

Name=Ovda Airbase

Position=458000,428000

Location=1

Alignment=FRIENDLY

ActiveDate=1/1/1981>>>change to your fancy

AirfieldDataFile=desert_airfield1.ini

NumSquadrons=6

thats what you should be seeing...

in order to enable it as a functional airbase for the earlier years change to a year you find appropriate...though Ovda was actually active only in 1981 historically...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovda_International_Airport

what Id suggest is have your squadron move to Ovda in 1981....right now I too am at a loss as to how to make that happen;it would require an edit in the campaign data.ini

Ahhhhhh, OK, thanks...Makes sense...I don't have a clue how to fix it but it makes sense now. Thank you.

I wonder if simply changing the "ActiveDate" to 1/1/1979 might do the trick?

Ahhhhhh, OK, thanks...Makes sense...I don't have a clue how to fix it but it makes sense now. Thank you.

I wonder if simply changing the "ActiveDate" to 1/1/1979 might do the trick?

Thats exactly it...what I was trying to get at was a squadron shift to Ovda for the sake of realism, ask column 5 for the exact entry in the campaign data ini to make that happen.