Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Hansa-Phonix's Skins Flik41J

I think these skins are all from Flik 41J.

There is 8 skins in this pack.

Thanks to all of Laton's hard work on this model and the original skin. :clapping::ok:

I have notice if I have a flight of 8 of these planes ready to take off, my frame rates almost freeze. This is the only plane that does this. But once I get in the air it loosens up. Anyone know why that is?

I'll post these skins soon. I dont know any info on the planes or pilots. So if anyone has any info. :good:

Beautiful!...Those Austro-Hungarians certainly knew how to design and paint a personal marking, didn't they?

Great work, yet again, Quack! :clapping:

Just as a side note, and in case you didn't know: I think The HB D.I with the black & white quarter check is meant to be Frank Linke-Crawford's plane, in which he scored five of his 27 victories.

According to Dr Martin O'Connor's 'Air Aces of the A-H Empire '14-'18' (and any other colour profiles I've seen of this plane), the quarter checks were red.

Like this:

http://membres.lycos.fr/asduciel/linke4.jpg

Personally, I think the black gives a better contrast against the dark wood than red, and therefore might have been the more likely colour. Thing is; O'Connor went to such great lengths researching the correct colours of all the A-H aces for his book, I wouldn't argue against him. :no:

Apparently, it had the Phonix type vertical stabilizer retro-fitted at a later date.

Oh, and where exactly are those mountains, as seen in the last screenie? In the Cambrai terrain? Or is that the Vogesen?

Cheers.

Bucky

Edited by Southside Bucky

Those look great quack!. Not sure why you're getting a slow down - texture loading perhaps?

MY PC power supply is about to die (I'm on my laptop ATM) I'll have a look when my desktop is back up and running.

Edited by Laton

Did these two types ever meet? Russian Nieuports Vs the Hansa-Phonix? Or the Italian Nieuports?

I really dont know much of the Austro-Hungarian front. But it looks good in the Vogesen terrain. The mountains need to be a bit higher though. With a snow line. Hint Hint. Need a Alps Terrain. I dont know anything about Terrain editing. :dntknw:

The Nieuport 11 skin was done by Monty CZ in Feb'07

And the Hansa-Phonix by Laton recently

I only tweaked the skins a bit

Edited by quack74

I could be wrong, but I can't find any evidence that the H-B D.I was ever used against the russians. :dntknw:

I suppose the Austro-Hungarians might've sent a few to the much quieter eastern front, but they definitely reserved their VERY limited resources and best machines for the fight against the Italians. It should also be remembered that the air war on the eastern front was all but over by the middle of 1917.

Also, far as I know, the Hansa-Brandenburg D.I and Nieuport 11 were not contempories. By the time the H-B D.I came into service, the Italians and Russians were both using the Nieuport 17, and a little later the SPAD VII.

One thing though: The French did send over a few escadrilles to help the hard pressed Italians, so you could use French Nieuport 17's and SPAD VII's too, although I haven't found any French planes in the victory lists of any pilots that flew the H-B D.I.

Very confusing, the Austro-Hungarian theatre of war! :blink:

Bucky