Sign in to follow this  
Herr Prop-Wasche

AA guns effectiveness

Okay, for those impatient enough who want the AA effectiveness toned down a bit but don't want to wait for a patch, I think I have found the spot in the files which controls the AA guns. Shockingly, it is located in the folder titled, "guns." :grin:

Simply open the guns folder and navigate to the .xdp files with the file names preceded with the word "off." For example, off_vickers_land.xdp Open these files with a text editor and look for this line near the end of the file: <Gun GunType="gun" Range="1000" SoundName="Vickers_Land" Rate="8.33" MuzzleVelocity="744" TimeAlive="2" Noise="2" . I'm guessing Range refers to meters. Obviously, the important parameter is "Noise." To decrease the AA accuracy, simply increase the noise value.

Caution: alter at your own risk. I have not yet tested these changes in my installation of OFF.

Happy modding!

Okay, for those impatient enough who want the AA effectiveness toned down a bit but don't want to wait for a patch, I think I have found the spot in the files which controls the AA guns. Shockingly, it is located in the folder titled, "guns." :grin:

Simply open the guns folder and navigate to the .xdp files with the file names preceded with the word "off." For example, off_vickers_land.xdp Open these files with a text editor and look for this line near the end of the file: <Gun GunType="gun" Range="1000" SoundName="Vickers_Land" Rate="8.33" MuzzleVelocity="744" TimeAlive="2" Noise="2" . I'm guessing Range refers to meters. Obviously, the important parameter is "Noise." To decrease the AA accuracy, simply increase the noise value.

Caution: alter at your own risk. I have not yet tested these changes in my installation of OFF.

Happy modding!

Thanks for pointing this out ...

Or hang on for the new patch soon as AA is lessened.