Sign in to follow this  
Rickitycrate

Getting my feet wet

Thanks to Gous' tutorials in particular and all your nice skin projects for inspiration I have started my skinning efforts. This is a challenge for me but I can see how skinning birds can be an entire experience (game) unto itself. I will post my first effort for you amusement soon, I hope. I am using paint.net program for my editor and find it works well. I have my skin design finished and now need to get it into the OFF skins folder somehow. I have so many ideas for skinning. I was wondering if Stumpjumpers creations are reskinable. I have some nice images to work from and if there is a Gotha GIV. I would hope to skin at least one at some point. I like the night time camo of many of the german bombers. Thanks again to all you skinners and for anyone thinking of starting I say go ahead, give it a shot. If the village idiot (me) can do it, it seems I can, then anyone can. If nothing else it helps to put some perspective on the work that has gone into the developement of our sim.

Can't wait to see what you come up with Rickity! Yep, skinning is very addictive and everytime you learn something new from your last skin. I use Paint.net also and its a very good program. Oh, and Stumpjumpers aircraft are skinable, just open up the DDS file the same way you would with other OFF skins.

Have fun,

-Rooster

There is a Gotha somewhere too!... I have it, but don't know where it came from.

Ask on the main forum Rickity...someone will put you right!

And welcome to the Skinners club!... I wish you many happy hours of swearing, teeth knashing and table thumping!! :smile:

Woo Hoo, another skinner! Rickitycrate, you will find it's very enjoyable to create new paints for these birds, and as others have warned it can be addictive. But addictive in a good way, as a hot cuppa' and an old WWI book are.

I look forward to your offerings Sir.

Cheers!

Lou