Sign in to follow this  
Hemorad

CH Fighterstick aileron woes--Help?

My several-year-old CH USB Fighterstick has suddenly developed twitchy roll control. Pitch works fine, separate CH throttle and pedals work fine, but ailerons are all wobbly and the animated cockpit stick flips back to midline whenever the real CH stick is fully deflected either left or right (with loss of aircraft aileron control to match). I have rebooted my system, recalibrated the stick two or three times, and have tried the stick in another sim (Il2 1946), and everything works fine until I enter OFF. I think, therefore, something is wrong with either my CFS3 files or the BHAH files. Does anyone have a fix before I have to delete and reinstall everything?

Thanks,

Hemo

Guest Barnstorm

Hey Hemorad,

Welcome to the Club! :salute: I Know you will enjoy flying BH&H, and this forum is one of the best on the Web. Some initial thoughts:

Make sure the ailerons are only being controlled by the FighterStick and not duplicated in the Throttle or Pedal profiles. Also, since WWI War Birds did not have flaps, make sure there is no default setting assigned for Flaps. If your CH FighterStick is like mine, it has "control wheels" on three sides of the base. With pedals and separate throttle, they should not be assigned to any control surface. Delete any assignment you find and make sure they are centered. I hope this helps....

Hey Hemorad,

Welcome to the Club! :salute: I Know you will enjoy flying BH&H, and this forum is one of the best on the Web. Some initial thoughts:

Make sure the ailerons are only being controlled by the FighterStick and not duplicated in the Throttle or Pedal profiles. Also, since WWI War Birds did not have flaps, make sure there is no default setting assigned for Flaps. If your CH FighterStick is like mine, it has "control wheels" on three sides of the base. With pedals and separate throttle, they should not be assigned to any control surface. Delete any assignment you find and make sure they are centered. I hope this helps....

Hey, Barnstorm,

In fact I've been flying BHAH for a couple of months now without a problem, and the roll glitch just appeared. I did check the control wheels, rolled them every which way and made sure they were centered (except the throttle wheel, which is full on--I did have a problem once when I accidentally hit the throttle roller on the stick base to about 50% and was then unable to get full throttle in OFF!) All my other controllers have been calibrated and I don't think any new assignments could have appeared without my tinkering. I was hoping to avoid uninstalling and reinstalling and resetting all my stick inputs, but that may be the next step :(.

Thanks!

Hemo

Guest Barnstorm

Just to ask, I guess you have this same problem in all the aircraft in BH&H? So its not isolated to one or few flight models, then. I did not read in your first post if you had uninstalled/reinstalled the CH drivers or not?

Edited by Barnstorm

Haven't messed with the drivers for the Flightstick, no. Since the stick works fine in another sim (Il2 1946), I have to assume they're working okay.

Hemo

Haven't messed with the drivers for the Flightstick, no. Since the stick works fine in another sim (Il2 1946), I have to assume they're working okay.

Hemo

And yes, the problem appears to affect all AC I've tried.

Thanks,

Hemo

Edited by Hemorad