Sign in to follow this  
Firecage

Plane damage Mods

:ninja: Sneaking in for some help and ideas on plane to plane damage.

1st off my set up: fresh install, all planes have Peter01's FM mods, my horizon mod, peter01s 70% bullet mod, and the grfx enhance mod.

I have been noticed that as I fly different planes some are just WAY WAY to easy to take a wing off or do major damage to such as the N11, 17,24,28. In the same battle I will have planes that seem to take a MAJOR beating and don't loose any parts very easy at all such as the albs and the DH2.

I can't add mass to ammo or the light ones blow up like 4th of july and can't lessen the ammo or the others will be unkillable.

It really varies alot more than seems realistic to me... anyone out here thats taking a look at balancing the planes for armor/airframe abuse yet?

Also any ideas other than using the armor code on each plane piece by piece? That would be a large undertaking doing all the planes 1 by 1....

Edited by Firecage

I've always used StressFactor=2.0 for components I thought were too weak. Of course its another "fix" that has to be added one line at a time. Funny you should mention A/C toughness. Today I hit an Alb. DVa 132 times an he kept on flying. :blink: Thats without any mods to the data.ini. I have my bullet weight at 80%.

Yea I see the same things TS ! I can dive in on a DH2 and put 1/2 the ammo into his plane and he still flies around most times. I fly by the N11 and it takes his wings off with 1 burst.

I did look at the structural code and its not that much off the others. I did change some numbers to see if its going to make the adjustment I wanted.

I wish some good code person would build us up a dmg model program like the one for plane performance we have now. It would show the plane parts piece by piece and it would easier to see what and where weak points are.

IMO the main weak point that causes the most damage are the top main L & R wings. Its the attachment point for the rest of the wing components and when its destroyed the entire wing comes off. If you'll add the StructuralFactor to both of these components I think you'll see an improvement. I like a value of 2.0 but you can adjust it to what you like. IIRC the StructuralFactor is supposed to increase the number of "hit points" required to destroy a component. 2 = twice the value, 3 = three times, etc. Of course you can fine tune by using tenths of points. The stock post Nov. patch planes seem to have been thoughened up and don't really suffer from this problem, IMHO. Strengthening planes is fairly easy. Not sure exactly how to weaken them. I don't know if a StructuralFactor of less than 1.0 would work...never tried it.