Sign in to follow this  
sitting_duck

mp problems

Some pilots are not able to join mp because they are still getting mismatch on all aircraft, and the solution to thier problem is to replace all the xdp files for thier qc aircraft with ones i send them.

I realise this is a problem that logically should not be happening, but the count is up to 4 pilots now, and not being pessiimistic here,,,im sure the count is higher, its just that anyone not haveing tried to join a mp game will not know.

To compound a solution to the problem, its not happening to everyone.

Wish i had a "bad" xdp file, and a "Good" xdp file to attache here, but in the flurry to get people on who want to play, forget to ask them so save at least one of thier old files. Will make sure i do next time around.

But in the meantime, if this is not a large task, if we could get an installer that would grab all the xdp files from a folder called "XXX" and copy them over to the correct aircraft folders, that would help. (xxx being anything we can name the folder)

Also, as an after thout, seeing as when this problem first showed up, i had already played mp with no problems with pilots patched to 130c and the 130c hardcore, we just assumed the pilots that got the mismatch were the ones with the problem. Seeing as we have never tried to see if 2 pilots with the mismatch problem where able to get into a mp game with themselves, I guess there is room for the reasoning that MY files are the bad ones, and the pilots getting the mismatch have the correct files.

To answer the question that i am sure is going to get asked, yes,,,we are all sure that we are patched to 130c and have the 130c hardcore dm. As anothere afterthout, i wish we had thout about everyone going back to the normal dm, and seeing if that solved the problem. Next time we get anyone with the problem, I will be sure to try that too.

But bottom line is, at this point in time, there does appear to be a problem. And if it helps any, it happened with the first hardcore/normal minipatch too ( i think it was 130b,,,not sure thou). I had to send stump all my xdp files from my qc aircraft so he could fly mp after the first optional dm patches came out.

SD,

Do you know if anyone having problems has downloaded and tried my optional intermediate damage patch? I have tested my patch by installing it and reinstalling the normal and hardcore DM's and have not observed any problems, but if some people are not following the installation procedures properly, that could explain their problems.

My patch only replaces the QC xdp files and does not change any of the other files in the aircraft folder. Reinstalling the normal or hardcore DM's should restore the aircraft folder to its original condition.

Everyone so far, (to my knowledge), has been getting the HDM from the over flandersfields website.

And, as would make sense, whenever someone ran into a mismatch problem, first thing we did was to send them back over to the site, to get and reinstall the 1.30c hdm. Which did not help.

But, seeing as you appear to be proficient in these matters, that xdp file is pretty lenthy, and im going to guess that the differences between a nomal dm file, and a hard dm file are limited to only a few lines, (hopefully all in the same area)

If you could post where in the file we zero in on, to help us compare two files (one that seems to work, and one that doenst seem to work) would appreciate it.

As far as the option of adding another intermediate dm model into the mix, its not my call to make, and will see what other pilots have to say. If i where to guess,,,i would guess that the level of frustration that 2 damage models has caused is going to make most pilots weary of adding another to the mix. I am assuming that the intermediat dm falls in line with the normal and hard, in that everyone has to have the same in order to avoid mismach. Which is too bad....and intermediate dm, might be a turn out to be a nice compromise between hard and normal.

Also, is there any one line of data, in the xdp file, that would tell us without question, if that xdp file is from the hard dm, or the normal dm.

thanks in advance

duck

If you could post where in the file we zero in on, to help us compare two files (one that seems to work, and one that doenst seem to work) would appreciate it.

A couple of thoughts here. 1) If you are talking about my changes, look in the damage box section for changes to the point values for the left and right wings, ailerons, and ailerons cables. The values for the wings and ailerons vary from plane to plane, but the values for the cables are as follows: normal DM = 20, hardcore DM = 40, intermediate DM = 30. In an updated version of my DM, I increased the rudder and elevator cable values from 18 to 25.

2) If you use a text editor like Textpad, there is a compare file feature you can use that will readily identify any differences between two files. If you don't have Textpad, you can easily find it via Google. It's shareware.

As far as the option of adding another intermediate dm model into the mix, its not my call to make...

I'm not trying to push my DM in this thread. However, IF anyone is interested.... :grin:

Also, is there any one line of data, in the xdp file, that would tell us without question, if that xdp file is from the hard dm, or the normal dm.
See answer to 1) above. Also, you can use the search function to look for either wing or cable.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.