Sign in to follow this  

I'm new to this. Aren't there any training missions where I can just practice - and then fly one-on-one?

I'm new to this. Aren't there any training missions where I can just practice - and then fly one-on-one?

Aren't There any preset single missions with one-on-one settings in the game? I thought there was.

You can access it in the Single Mission menu... Load Mission...

Edited by jomni

Generating a single mission is like practice as it's not tied to a campaign goal.

Practice at your comfort level, easy, normal, etc; and adjust as you get better.

There is the test Range terrain that many of us use for our bombing practice, but I have not heard if it was successfully immigrated to SF2. And since you are new, I wouldn't recommend modding just yet.

-S

Well, "easy" isn't my comfort level yet.

First, I just want to practice flying the plane without getting shot at.

Then I'd like to go one-on-one with a bogey.

Ideally, there would be the option to set up a situation and have the bogey fly a specific path, so you could practice different ways of attacking or countering it. (Just like a chess problem.)

And being able to see a visual representation of your flight path would be invaluable.

Ideally, yes a mission editor that allows you such luxory would be a nice feature. Realistically, we don't have one. Right now, building a vanilla mission like you want is basically done by hand.

I just checked the mission section. Comrpnt did some training missions for WoV. These might help and work with SF2V

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=7189

Good luck!

Prior to SF2, I would just start a MP session and put myself against unarmed planes only (bombers, transports, etc) if I wanted to just try out a particular plane in a low-threat environment. As SF2 dumped MP, that's no longer an option. However, you could just start a campaign mission and never leave your home base, ignoring the radio and other things happening far away.

All I do is select recce single mission then fly around staying well away from any red areas on the map.

Carrier take off in load single mission is good for that too, you can practice your carrier landings to boot.

Always handy.

Generating a single mission is like practice as it's not tied to a campaign goal.

Practice at your comfort level, easy, normal, etc; and adjust as you get better.

There is the test Range terrain that many of us use for our bombing practice, but I have not heard if it was successfully immigrated to SF2. And since you are new, I wouldn't recommend modding just yet.

-S

I loaded up the practice range terrain works with SF2.

It comes with the Firebee unmanned drone for one-sided air-to-air combat.